What the Best Companies Do
|Founded||Washington, D.C. (1983)|
|Headquarters||CEB Tower, Arlington, Virginia, USA|
Thomas L. Monahan, III, Chairman and CEO|
Melody Jones, Chief Administrative Officer
Richard Lindahl, Chief Financial Officer
Haniel Lynn, Group President
Warren Thune, Group President
|Revenue||US$904 million (2013)|
|US$109.2 million (2012)|
|US$105 million (2013)|
Number of employees
|4,100 in 50+ global offices|
CEB (formerly Corporate Executive Board) offered its first program to executives, Council on Financial Competition in 1983 when it was part of The Advisory Board Company. Fourteen years later, they split from Advisory Board Company and opened a new office in London.
CEB went public in 1999 on the NASDAQ exchange. Tom Monahan was appointed CEO in 2005. At that time, the company expanded offerings to accommodate middle market companies. In 2007, the company expanded domestically and opened offices in San Francisco and Chicago.
In May 2015, the company changed its legal name to "CEB Inc."
In May 2010, the company acquired consumer research and advisory company, Iconoculture. Later that year, CEB transferred listing of its common stock from NASDAQ to the NYSE, and began trading on 20 August 2010.
In May 2016, CEB acquired Evanta Ventures, Inc. ("Evanta") for $275 million. Evanta is based in Portland, Oregon, and provides events, platforms and information offerings to train IT-security, human-resources and finance staff in collaboration and best practices.
On January 5, 2017 Gartner said it agreed to buy research and advisory company CEB Inc. in a cash-and-stock deal worth about $2.6 billion, expanding Gartner into a wider range of industries. The acquisition was concluded in April 2017.
The company has published three books through Portfolio/Penguin. The Challenger Sale by Brent Adamson and Matthew Dixon was published on November 10, 2011. In 2013, Matthew Dixon with Nick Toman, and Rick DeLisi wrote The Effortless Experience, published on September 12. The third book, The Challenger Customer was written by Matthew Dixon, Brent Adamson, Nick Toman, and Patrick Spenner and published on September 8, 2015.
CEB's IPO occurred February 22, 1999 at an offer price of $19. The company, previously on NASDAQ, entered into an alliance with NYSE Euronext in 2010 and began actively trading as CEB in 2012.
- "CEB - Annual Report & Investor Slide Shows | What the Best Companies Do™". Ir.executiveboard.com. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- "CEB INC (CEB:New York): Financial Statements - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- Allison Banko. "Think you're a thought leader? It's not enough". ReputationInk. Retrieved 2015-07-03.
- "The Most Trusted Place for Answering Life's Questions". Answers.com. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- "Filling a 'Huge Hole' in Business Consulting (TechNews.com)". Washingtonpost.com. 2004-07-19. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- Washington Business Journal (2011-09-09). "Top Performing CEOs in Washington". bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- "Corporate Executive Board signs up for Rosslyn's Waterview - Washington Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- "The Corporate Executive Board Company Now 'CEB Inc.' /PRNewswire/". Prnewswire.com. 2015-05-27. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- "World's Largest Professional Network". LinkeiIn.com. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- Reuters Editorial (2009-10-13). "The Corporate Executive Board Acquires TowerGroup". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- Mark Reilly (2010-05-04). "Iconoculture acquired by The Corporate Executive Board Co. - Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- Jeff Clabaugh (2010-08-20). "Corporate Executive Board moves to NYSE - Washington Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- "Corporate Executive Board Acquires Germany-Based Baumgartner & Partner Unternehmensberatung GmbH". PR Newswire. 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- R. Chandrasekaran (2016-05-02). "CEB Completes Evanta Ventures Acquisition". yahoo. Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- "Book Review: The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation". Sales and Sales Management Blog. 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- "The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation". amazon.com. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- Roger Trapp (2013-09-30). "Defense Can Be Better Than Offense In Customer Service". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- "The Effortless Experience: Conquering the New Battleground for Customer Loyalty". Penguin Random House. Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- Dave Brock (2015-09-23). "The Challenger Customer". CustomerThink. Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- "The Challenger Customer". Penguin Random House. Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- CEB - The Corporate Executive Board Company - Google Finance