|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|President||Dr. Bimal Patel|
|Location||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
|Campus||Kasturbhai Lalbhai Campus|
Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology University (CEPT University) is an academic institution located in Ahmedabad, India offering undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in areas of natural and developed environment of human society and related disciplines.
The Ahmedabad Education Society (AES), an educational body started in 1962 with the starting of the School of Architecture. The School of Planning was established in 1972 with financial support from the governments of India (MHRD) and Gujarat and the Ford Foundation. The School of Building Science and Technology and School of Interior Design were established in 1982 and 1991 respectively with grant-in-aid from the government of Gujarat. The state government also supports the School of Architecture through grant-in-aid.
Initially CEPT was established and run by Ahmedabad Education Society. In 1994, a separate trust and a society — CEPT Society — was formed. CEPT is registered as a Society and Public Charitable Trust.
Since inception CEPT has operated as an autonomous academic institution free to develop its academic programmes and award its own diplomas at the end of programmes of study recognized by the state of Gujarat and the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). From 2002 to 2005, CEPT had been affiliated to the Hemachandracharya North Gujarat University at Patan. Consequently, the students completing programmes at CEPT were awarded Bachelor’s and master's degrees. CEPT became a university by the Gujarat State Legislature Act of 2005 with effect from April 12, 2005. It has been recognized by the University Grants Commission under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 in February 2007. The university is recognized as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- Faculty of Architecture
- Bachelor in Architecture
- Master in Architecture
- Master in Landscape Architecture
- Master in Landscape Design
- Faculty of Planning
- Bachelor in Planning
- Master in Planning
- Faculty of Design
- Bachelor in Interior Design
- Master in Interior Architecture & Design
- International Master of Interior Architectural Design
- Faculty of Technology
- Bachelor in Construction Technology
- Master in Technology(Infrastructure Engineering, Geomatics, Construction Engineering Management, Structural Design, Building Energy Performance)
- Faculty Of Management
- MBA in Technology Management
- Operations and Project Management
- Information Technology Management
- Environment and Energy Management
- Master in Habitat Management
- MBA in Technology Management
Centres of studies
CEPT has established centres of study in the following areas:
- CEPT Research & Development Foundation (CRDF)
- Center for Urban Equity (CUE)
- Center for Advanced Research in Building Science & Energy (CARBSE)
- Design Innovation & Craft Resource Center (DICRC)
- Center for Excellence in Urban Transport (CoE)
- "UGC Act-1956" (PDF). mhrd.gov.in/. Secretary, University Grants Commission. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CEPT University.|