|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
|Campus||Kasturbhai Lalbhai Campus|
CEPT University, formerly the Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, is an academic institution located near university area in Ahmedabad, India offering undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in areas of natural and developed environment of human society and related disciplines.
The Centre for Environment Planning & Technology was established as the School of Architecture in 1962, by The Ahmedabad Education Society (AES), followed by the School of Planning, School of Building Science and Technology and School of Interior Design in 1972, 1982 and 1991 respectively, which were established with aid from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of Gujarat and the Ford Foundation.
Until 2002 the institute was autonomous and awarded its own diplomas while being recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). From 2002 to 2005 it was affiliated to Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University. In 2005 it became a university through the Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology University Act, 2005. It was renamed "CEPT University" through CEPT University Act, 2010.
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Planning
- Faculty of Design
- Faculty of Technology
- Faculty Of Management
Centres of studies
CEPT has established centres of study in the following areas:
- CEPT Research & Development Foundation (CRDF)
- Center for Urban Equity (CUE)
- Center for Advanced Research in Building Science & Energy (CARBSE)
- Design Innovation & Craft Resource Center (DICRC)
- Center for Excellence in Urban Transport (CoE)
- "CEPT History - About - CEPT". cept.ac.in. CEPT University. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- "Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology University Act, 2005" (PDF). Gujarat Government Gazette. Government of Gujarat. 1 April 2005. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- "CEPT University Act, 2010" (PDF). Gujarat Government Gazette. Government of Gujarat. 1 April 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CEPT University.|