|Branding||The Moose 99.5|
|Frequency||99.5 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||1987|
|Format||hot adult contemporary|
|Owner||Vista Broadcast Group|
The station originally began broadcasting at 100.9 FM in 1988, however, in the CRTC decision, the proposed frequency was 107.7 MHz. The station was originally operated by a partnership between Telemedia and local company Muskoka-Parry Sound Broadcasting, the owner of CFBK-FM in Huntsville. During this era, CFBG aired a mix of locally produced programming and simulcasting of CFBK.
On April 23, 2012 Vista Broadcast Group, which owns a number of radio stations in western Canada, announced a deal to acquire Haliburton Broadcasting, in cooperation with Westerkirk Capital. The transaction was approved by the CRTC on October 19, 2012.
- Decision CRTC 87-166
- Decision CRTC 97-671. Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission, December 10, 1997.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2002-12
- "Westerkirk Capital Acquires Vista and Haliburton Broadcast Groups". Broadcaster, April 26, 2012.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-577 Various radio programming undertakings – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, October 19, 2012
- Moose FM
- CFBG History - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFBG-FM
|This article about a radio station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|