|Branding||105.5 Moose FM|
|Slogan||Huntsville's Biggest Variety|
|Frequency||105.5 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||1958|
|Former frequencies||590 kHz (AM) (1958-1961)
630 AM (1961-1987)
|Owner||Vista Broadcast Group|
CFBK originally began broadcasting in 1958 as CKAR on the AM band at 590 kHz. The station launched a repeater in Parry Sound known as CKAR-1 the same year. In 1977, CKAR became CFBK. In 1961, CFBK moved to 630 kHz and remained on that frequency, until the station converted to the FM band at 105.5 MHz in September, 1987 and the old AM 630 frequency left the air for good on December 31st the same year.
(CKAR was a former callsign of a radio station in Oshawa, Ontario, known today as CKDO, and the CKAR callsign currently belongs to a community radio station in Huntsville known as Hunters Bay Radio 88.7FM and a television station in Armstrong, Ontario, known as CHFD-TV).
CFBK's branding was More-FM and changed to the Moose FM branding after the acquisition by the Haliburton Broadcasting Group in 2008 and then changed to The New 105.5 FM, Muskoka's Lite Favourites with a new high-powered signal in April 2010. They were rebranded once again as "105.5 Moose FM" in March 2013. In May 2014, the station changed their format to "World Class Rock." In 2015, the station changed to adult hits with "Huntsville's Biggest Variety" retaining the "Moose FM" branding.
On April 23, 2012, Vista Broadcast Group, which owns a number of radio stations in western Canada, announced a deal to acquire Haliburton Broadcasting, in cooperation with Westerkirk Capital. The transaction was approved by the CRTC on October 19, 2012.
- * Decision CRTC 87-150
- Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2008-37
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2009-319
- "Westerkirk Capital Acquires Vista and Haliburton Broadcast Groups". Broadcaster, April 26, 2012.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-577 Various radio programming undertakings – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, October 19, 2012
- Moose FM 105.5
- CFBK History - Canadian Communications Foundation
- CFBK History (as CKAR) - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFBK-FM