|Channels||Digital: 30 (UHF)
Virtual: 30.1 (PSIP)
|First air date||September 7, 1986|
|Former callsigns||CFKS-TV (1986-2011)|
|Former channel number(s)||30 (Analog, 1986-2011)|
|Transmitter power||4.63 kW|
CFKS-DT is the V owned-and-operated television station in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, operating as a de facto semi-satellite of Montreal owned-and-operated station CFJP-DT. It broadcasts a high-definition digital signal on UHF channel 30 from a transmitter in Orford.
Owned by Remstar Corporation, its studios are located on Boulevard Industriel/Route 220 and Boulevard de Portland in Sherbrooke. This station can also be seen on Vidéotron channel 5 and in high definition on digital channel 605.
The station went to air on September 7, 1986. It was originally launched by Cogeco as a private affiliate of TQS, which was then owned by Jean Pouliot. It became an O&O of the network in 2001 when Cogeco became the network's primary owner. The station was part of V's takeover by Remstar. Since the rebranding of the TQS network on August 31, 2009, CFKS dropped all non-network programming and become a de facto semi-satellite of Montreal O&O station CFJP-TV.
Former local programming
- Le Grand Journal Estrie (1989–Fall 2009) Local news show, aired weekdays at 5:30 p.m.
- Les Infos (Fall 2008–Fall 2009) Two-minute local news capsules, aired weekdays at 6:45 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 7:45 a.m., 8:30 a.m., and 11:56 a.m.
- Le Reflet de l'Estrie (Fall 2008–Fall 2009) Weekly news summary with feature reports, airs Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
In filings from V to the CRTC with respect to Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2010-169, V stated that it was debating whether to install digital a transmitter in Saguenay due to financial reasons, and if it did install one, it might by the deadline or well after the deadline. V later filed regarding the same proceeding that it was in talks with Télé-Québec to partner up in order to reduce the cost of installing transmitters.
- V (French)
- Canadian Communications Foundation - CFKS-TV History
- Query RabbitEars' station database for CFKS-TV
- Query TV Fool's coverage map for CFKS