|Broadcast area||Winnipeg, Manitoba|
|Frequency||104.1 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||1981|
|Audience share||9.0% - Rank: 3|
|Owner||Jim Pattison Group
(Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Ltd.)
It broadcasts at 104.1 on the FM dial. The station went on the air in 1981 as an easy listening station on 92.9 FM. It changed to the country format in 1986. The station is owned by the Jim Pattison Group.
In 1987, the station received approval to move from 92.9 FM to 104.1 FM. In 1997, CFQX was granted a license amendment to move from 104.1 FM to 95.3 FM, although the move was never implemented. On September 2, 2011, Astral Media applied to increase CFQX-FM's effective height of antenna above average terrain from 138.4 to 147.5 metres, and by relocating its transmitter site. All other technical parameter will remain unchanged. This application was approved on November 15, 2011.
As a part of Astral Media's sale to Bell Media, the Jim Pattison Group announced a deal on May 16, 2013 to acquire CFQX-FM and CHIQ-FM from Astral and Bell respectively for an undisclosed amount. The sale will give the Jim Pattison Group its first stations in Manitoba, and would make CFQX a sister station to CHIQ.
On December 20, 2013, the CRTC approved Jim Pattison's acquisition of CFQX-FM and CHIQ-FM, the acquisition was closed in early 2014.
- "Spring 2016 Numeris Survey"
- Decision CRTC 87-570
- Decision CRTC 97-624
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2011-709
- Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-567
- "Pattison group looks to buy castoffs from Bell Astral deal". The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "CRTC Grants Approval for Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Acquisition of CKCE-FM, CFQX-FM & CHIQ-FM". The Jim Pattison Group. 20 December 2013. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- CFQX-FM history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFQX-FM
|This article about a radio station in Manitoba is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|