|City||Stephenville, Newfoundland, Canada|
|Broadcast area||Stephenville, Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Slogan||Local News Now|
|Frequency||870 kHz (AM)|
|First air date||November 13, 1964 as a repeater; March 25, 1970 as a local station|
|Callsign meaning||Coming From Stephenville Xing (Crossing)|
|Website||www.cfsxradio.com (dead link)|
CFSX is an AM radio station in Stephenville, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, broadcasting at 870 kHz. Originally launched as a repeater on November 13, 1964, it opened its own studios in 1970. The station is owned by Newcap Radio.
On Thursday, September 8, 2016, CFSX, along with VOCM and Grand Falls-Windsor, were both shut down by Newcap Radio without any notice. The station appears to now be serving as a full-time repeater of CFCB in Corner Brook.
In 1985, CFSX moved from 910 AM to its current frequency 870 AM.
CFSX also operates repeat transmitters in two locations:
- CFGN 1230 AM in Port aux Basques 1 (Originally a full-time repeater of CFCB)
- CFCV 97.7 FM in the Codroy Valley 1
1From 1973 to the 1990s, CFGN/CFCV operated independently of CFSX and CFCB in the daytime, and served as CFCB's nighttime and weekend repeater until it became a daytime repeater of CFSX.
On April 2, 2001, the sale of Humber Valley Broadcasting Co. Ltd. to Newcap Inc. was approved. This included CFSX, as well as:
- CFCB Corner Brook and its transmitters;
- CFDL-FM Deer Lake
- CFNW Port-aux-Choix
- CFNN-FM St. Anthony
- CFGN Channel-Port-aux-Basques and its transmitter;
- CFCV-FM St. Andrew's and CFLN Goose Bay and its transmitters;
- CFLW Wabush and CFLC-FM Churchill Falls
- CFSX (dead link)
- VOCM Radio Network
- CFSX history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFSX
|This article about a radio station in Newfoundland and Labrador is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|