|Branding||96.3 Cruz FM|
|Slogan||"Saskatoon's Greatest Hits"|
|Frequency||96.3 MHz (channel 242C1)|
|First air date||April 2008|
|HAAT||179.1 meters (588 ft)|
WireD (former station branding)
Licensed to Harvard Broadcasting on May 28, 2007, the station was originally scheduled to launch on 92.3 FM. However, it applied for a change of frequency to 96.3 FM, citing the potential for third-adjacent interference to CKBL.
On April 9, 2008, the new station signed on and began stunting with Christmas music as Santa FM in preparation for its official launch; the campaign also featured publicists parading the streets of Saskatoon in Santa Claus costumes. On April 11, 2008 at 3:00 p.m., the station officially launched with a contemporary hit radio format branded as Wired 96.3.
On November 16, 2012, Harvard laid off CFWD's on-air personalities, and the station returned to Santa FM for the holiday season in preparation for another change in format scheduled for December 26. On December 26, 2012, CFWD flipped to a classic hits format, 96.3 Cruz FM.
- CRTC Decision 2007-155
- CRTC Public Notice 2008-7
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-77
- "Radio station takes down the tree". Saskatoon Star-Phoenix. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "New station jingles all the way". Saskatoon Star-Phoenix. Postmedia. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "Saskatoon radio station lays off staff". CBC News. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "96.3 Cruzes in Saskatoon". Radio Insight. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- 96.3 Cruz FM
- CFWD-FM history at Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFWD-FM