|Traded as||NYSE: CF
S&P 500 Component
|Industry||Manufacturing and distribution|
|Headquarters||Deerfield, Illinois, USA|
CF Industries Holdings, Inc. is a North American manufacturer and distributor of agricultural fertilizers, based in Deerfield, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. It was founded in 1946 as the Central Farmers Fertilizer Company. For its first 56 years, it was a federation of regional agricultural supply cooperatives. CF then demutualized, and became a publicly traded company.
The primary operating subsidiary is CF Industries, Inc.
CF demutualized in 2002 and made an initial public offering of shares of equity stock in 2005. Since 2008, the shares of CF Industries have been included in the S&P 500 index of large-cap stock prices.
In 2013, Mosaic Company agreed to buy CF Industries' phosphate business for $1.4 billion in cash.
In 2014, Yara International announced that it was in talks with CF Industries about a possible merger of equals, a deal worth over $27 billion.
On July 1st 2015, CF Industries announces an agreement to acquire remaining 50% interest in GrowHow from Yara for $580 million. 
- "CF Industries Holdings, Inc. 2013 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. February 27, 2014.
- "CF Industries Holdings, Inc. 2014 Q1 Quarterly Report Form (10-Q)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. May 8, 2014.
- "Corporate Profile – CF Industries' History". CF Industries. Retrieved 2008-09-12.[dead link]
- "CF - CF Industries Replaces EDS - Electronics Data Systems In S&P 500 Index". S&P 500 Stocks. RiSh, LLC. Aug 27, 2008. Retrieved Apr 6, 2015.
- Mosaic Co. to spend about $1.4 billion on purchase of CF Industries phosphate business Associated Press (Minneapolis Star Tribune) October 28, 2013
- Yara, CF in talks to create $27 billion fertilizer giant. Reuters, 23 September 2014
- Streetinsider, 1 July 2015,
- Company website
- Corporate profile – CF Industries’ history
- "CF Industries restarting fertilizer plant closed by Gustav". Chicago Tribune. 2009-09-09.
- Toby Shute (July 29, 2008). "A Cash Flood for CF Industries". Motley Fool.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|