This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (April 2020)
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 576i/480i for the SDTV feed)
|Owner||China Central Television|
|Launched||October 1, 2007|
|Website||CGTN en Español|
|CNTV Ai Bugu|||
|Sling TV||Intenet Protocol television|
CGTN Spanish (formerly CCTV International Spanish or CCTV-Español and CCTV-E) is the Spanish language entertainment and news channel of China Global Television Network (CGTN), which is part of the state-owned broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) originating in China, and is part of the Chinese Government's information ministry.
The channel caters to an international audience. All programs are dubbed into Spanish or they have Spanish subtitles. There are also news programs featuring Spanish-speaking reporters. These programs provide both Chinese and international news coverage.
Most programs on CGTN Spanish are 30 minutes long. They feature a variety of content, including news programs, educational programs, and Chinese soap operas.
There are also programs offering tourism advice and showcasing new Chinese artists.
CGTN Spanish was launched on October 1, 2007, as CCTV-E. It replaced the bi-lingual Spanish / French language CCTV E&F channel which was launched on October 1, 2004.
- CCTV-9, documentary
- CCTV-4 (International Chinese)
- CCTV-Русский (International Russian)
- CCTV-Français (International French)
- CCTV-العربية (International Arabic)
- CCTV-NEWS (International English)
- CNTV International
- Cook, Sarah. "Beijing's Global Megaphone: The Expansion of Chinese Communist Party Media In uence since 2017" (PDF). freedomhouse-files.s3.amazonaws.com. Freedom House. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Official website (in Spanish)