|Broadcast area||Calgary, Alberta|
|Slogan||Calgary's Lite Music Mix|
|First air date||1962|
|ERP||48,000 watts average
100,000 watts peak
|HAAT||160 meters (520 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||Calgary High Fidelity Music|
(Rogers Media, Inc.)
|Sister stations||CFAC, CFFR, CFRV-FM, CJAQ-FM, CKAL-DT, CJCO-DT|
CHFM-FM is a Canadian radio station broadcasting at 95.9 FM in Calgary, Alberta. Owned by Rogers Media, the station broadcasts an adult contemporary format. CHFM's studios are located on 7th Avenue Southwest in Downtown Calgary, while its transmitter is located on Patina Hill Drive Southwest in West Calgary.
CHFM was Calgary’s first FM radio station when it signed on the air in 1962, as a beautiful music station. Moffat Communications (owners of the legendary CKXL in Calgary) purchased the station in 1972. The station would move to an Adult Contemporary format during the 1980s as "FM96".
In 1992, Moffat Communications sold CHFM to Rogers Broadcasting as part of the company’s sale of their Radio division. Shortly after, the station rebranded as "Lite 96 CHFM", quickly becoming one of the most popular stations in Calgary.
"Lite 96" would become "Lite 95.9" in 2011 with a slight format change to Hot AC, away from their long running soft music tradition.
- "Calgary PPM Dec 1, 2014 - March 1, 2015". March 12, 2015. Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- "PPM Top-line Radio Statistics - Calgary CTRL" (PDF). Numeris. March 11, 2015. Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- "Calgary's Lite Becomes Kiss". Radio Insight. December 26, 2013. Retrieved December 26, 2013.
- "CHFM Flips To Top 40". AllAccess.com. December 26, 2013. Retrieved December 26, 2013.
- Official website
- CHFM History - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CHFM-FM
|This article about a radio station in Alberta is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|