|Broadcast area||National Capital Region
(Eastern Ontario, Western Quebec, Upstate New York)
|Frequency||97.1 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||2002|
|HAAT||71.5 meters (235 ft)|
|Webcast||(in French) Live streaming|
CHLX-FM is a Canadian radio station, which broadcasts at 97.1 FM in Gatineau, Quebec. A francophone station owned by RNC Media, CHLX airs a mixed format of adult contemporary and jazz, branded as Wow 97.1. CHLX's studios are located on Jean-Prioux Avenue in Gatineau, while its transmitter is located in Camp Fortune.
It was briefly branded as Classique 97,1 before becoming Couleur FM, airing classical music. In 2008, after a licence amendment was accepted by the CRTC, it became Planète 97,1, an adult contemporary-formatted station, with 20% of its airtime devoted to jazz.
On July 11, 2014, it was announced that CHLX would flip to Hot AC as 97.1 Rythme FM on August 25th, as part of a licensing deal between Cogeco and RNC. CHLX became the first non-Cogeco station to carry the Rythme FM format (other than CJEC-FM Quebec City, which was briefly affiliated with Rythme FM after being sold by Cogeco to another broadcaster). As of October 2014, it was still broadcasting two hours a day of jazz music, but since June 2017 the CRTC amended the licence removing the requirement to broadcast such genres.
In January 2017, the station dropped Rhythme FM and re-branded as Wow 97.1.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2002-250
- "De Classique à Couleur FM 97,1". Infopresse. 4 September 2003. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- Fagstein: "Radio stations rebranded in Cornwall, Quebec City", August 29, 2014.
- "A new radio station in the Outaouais Region: Rythme FM!" (PDF). Cogeco. 14 July 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- Rythme FM 97.1 - Émissions
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-218, CRTC, 27 June 2017.
- Official website
- CHLX-FM history – Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CHLX-FM
|This article about a radio station in Quebec is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|