|City||M'Chigeeng First Nation, Ontario|
|Slogan||Ojibwe Talk Radio in Mnidoo Mnising|
|Frequency||88.9 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||2010|
|Owner||M'Chigeeng First Nation
(M'Chigeeng First Nation)
Owned by director Anong Migwans Beam, with co-director Mark Larochelle, members of the board include director of culture Alma-Jean Migwans, cirector of history Terry Debassige, carrying on business as GIMA Radio (not for profit), the station received CRTC approval to use the 88.9 MHz frequency on June 17, 2010.
The station began testing with Industry Canada on August 23, 2010, and has announced a celebration of inaugural broadcast in honor of Carl Beam on August 25, 2010, at the location of the stations host, Neon Raven Art Gallery, 53 Corbiere Rd, M'chigeeng, which was also the home and ancestral land of Carl Beam.
In 2015, Gimaa Radio relaunch fuels hopes for language renaissance.
On November 28, 2016, Gimaa Giigidoowin Communications (GGC) applied for authority to effect a change in the ownership and effective control of the English and aboriginal language Type B Native radio station CHYF-FM M’Chigeeng. The CRTC approved the application on March 21, 2017.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-385, Type B Native FM radio station in M’Chigeeng, Ontario, CRTC, June 17, 2010
- Ojibwe language radio set to broadcast in M'Chigeeng (see under "Swing bridge now re-decked, concrete renewal under way"), Manitoulin Expositor, June 23, 2010.
- All-Ojibwe language radio on-air next week, Manitoulin Expositor, August 18, 2010.
- Ojibwe radio launches in M'chigeeng, SooToday.com, August 26, 2010.
- relaunch-fuels-hopes-for-language-renaissance Gimaa Radio relaunch fuels hopes for language renaissance, Manitoulin.ca, December 2, 2015
- Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-465, CRTC, November 28, 2016
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-78, CHYF-FM M’Chigeeng – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, March 21, 2017
|This article about a radio station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|