The European Commission of the Nobility under the name CILANE ("Commission d'information et de liaison des associations nobles d'Europe") was established in 1959, April, foremost for the exchange of experiences and information about developments in its member Associations.
The CILANE has no "president" but rather a Coordinator elected for three years. His role is to prepare and conduct the spring and autumn sessions of the CILANE and to carry out its decisions. It enables each national association to carry out projects together. It holds an international congress every three years.
The spring session takes place traditionally in Paris, the seat of the CILANE. In autumn the sessions are held in one of the other member countries. Significantly, most of the organisations represented in CILANE are private initiatives, particularly in nations where titles of nobility are no longer recognised and therefore unregulated by law.
The delegates represent their Nobility Associations at the CILANE for the following countries: Belgium, France, Italy, Russia, Germany, Switzerland, Portugal, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, Papal Nobility, United Kingdom, Denmark, Hungary, Malta and Croatia.
- Belgium: Association de la Noblesse du Royaume de Belgique (ANRB-VAKB) 
- Croatia: Croatian Nobility Association 
- Denmark: Dansk Adels-Forening (DAF) 
- Germany: Vereinigung der Deutschen Adelsverbände (VdDA) 
- Finland: Finnish House of Nobility (Riddarhuset) 
- France: Association d'entraide de la Noblesse Française (ANF) fr:Association d'entraide de la noblesse francaise 
- Hungary: Magyar Történelmi Családok Egyesülete (MTCSE) /created October 2006/ 
- United Kingdom: Association for Armigerous Families of Great Britain (AFGB)
- Italy: Corpo della Nobiltà Italiana (CNI) 
- Malta: Committee of Privileges of the Maltese Nobility (joined CILANE April 2008) 
- Netherlands: Nederlands Adelvereniging (NAV) 
- Papal States: Réunion de la Noblesse Pontificale (RNP)
- Portugal: Associação da Nobreza Histórica Portugal (ANHP)
- Russia: Союз Дворян - Union de la Noblesse Russe (UNR) 
- Sweden: Swedish House of Nobility (Riddarhuset) 
- Switzerland: Association de Familles Suisses (AFS) 
Article from L'Expansion 
Article from Hola