CIS 40 GL
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2014)|
|CIS 40 GL|
|Place of origin||Singapore|
|Used by||See Users|
|Designer||Chartered Industries of Singapore|
|Weight||2.05 kg (4.52 lb) with stock|
|Length||655 mm (25.8 in) with stock|
|Barrel length||305 mm (12.0 in)|
|Action||Break-action, single action|
|Muzzle velocity||76 m/s (249 ft/s)|
|Effective firing range||Sights graduated from 100 to 400 m|
|Feed system||Breech-loaded, single-shot|
|Sights||Folding leaf sight|
The CIS 40 GL is a 40 mm autonomous grenade launcher, developed in the late 1980s and produced by the Singaporean defense firm CIS - Chartered Industries of Singapore (currently ST Kinetics). The launcher is employed primarily by the Singapore Armed Forces and the police and security forces of several other countries.
- Italy: Made under license by Luigi Franchi S.p.A. as the Franchi GLF-40.
- Sri Lanka
- Czech Republic 601st Special Forces Group uses it on Samopal vz. 58
- Woźniak, Ryszard. Encyklopedia najnowszej broni palnej - tom 2 G-Ł. Bellona. 2001. pp60.
- BERETTA AR70/90-GL. Retrieved on September 19, 2008.
- Wozniak, Ryszard (2001). "p. 60". Encyklopedia najnowszej broni palnej - tom 2 G-Ł (in Polish). Warsaw, Poland: Bellona. ISBN 83-11-09310-5.