CITYPEG, short for Círculo de Pensionistas y Trabajadores españoles en Gibraltar ('Circle of Spanish Pensioners and Workers in Gibraltar'), is an organisation representing Spanish workers in Gibraltar. It is a rival of ASCTEG ('Socio-Cultural Association of Spanish Workers in Gibraltar'), another organisation representing Spanish workers in the territory.
The chairman of the organisation is Francisco Ponce. He was a member of the Unite District Committee in Gibraltar, but resigned from this post in March 2012 (leaving the District Committee without Spanish representation). Ponce accuses Unite of being reluctant to take actions on behalf of Spanish workers.
CITYPEG has been critical of the policies of the Gibraltarian and Spanish governments for their impact on Spanish workers in the territory. It has characterised the Spanish government's administration of the Gibraltar-Spain border as amounting to using the frontier as "a political weapon", pointing out that long border queues at the Spanish checkpoint affect "Spanish workers in Gibraltar, primarily". It has also complained that the Gibraltar government discriminates against Spanish workers by not topping-up their pensions in the same way as it does for native Gibraltarian workers, and claimed that 500 Spanish workers were laid off in the first half of 2012 as part of an "anti-Spanish policy". The Gibraltar government rejected CITYPEG's claims.
Further claims of discrimination, published in December 2012, led to a libel action against CITYPEG's head Francisco Ponce. After he claimed that Spanish workers had been banned from attending the Gibraltar Joinery and Building Services (GJBS) Christmas party – a claim that was picked up by the Spanish media – he was sued for libel by Gibraltar's Employment Minister Joe Bossano and GJBS. The case was settled in February 2013 when Ponce issued a public apology and agreed to make a symbolic €100 donation to charity.
- "Francisco Ponce se encadenará al monumento al trabajador el próximo 15 de mayo". Sur (in Spanish). 3 May 2009.
- "Picardo seeks to reassure CITYPEG fears on Spain policy". Gibraltar Chronicle. 5 December 2011.
- "CITYPEG express concern at 'loss of jobs by Spanish workers' in Gibraltar". Gibraltar Chronicle. 20 November 2012.
- "CITYPEG Chairman Resigns From Unite". GTV. 20 March 2012.
- "Citypeg condemn use of frontier as ‘political weapon’". Gibraltar Chronicle. 30 October 2012.
- "Govt denies accusations by CITYPEG". Gibraltar Chronicle. 25 August 2012.
- "Ponce libel case dropped after apology". Gibraltar Chronicle. 11 February 2013.