This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
CITmail is a Hosted email solution based on open source code. It synchronises email, calendar and contacts between a hosted web server and the end users email client (Outlook or Thunderbird). The system is used by companies who do not wish to host their own mail server and instead prefer it to be managed and backed up remotely.
CITmail has the below functionality:
- Email account synchronisation with Outlook or Thunderbird
- Calendar, including sharing between different user calendars
- Personal and Corporate Address book
- Hosted group email accounts
- Shared folders, all available via the webmail page and thus allowing companies to manage and use files and folders securely from any location
- Web access, which allows employees to access their email, calendar and contacts via a web link when they are out of the office
- A Corporate intranet, that users can configure, upload files and documents to and write content for themselves
- Mobile email that allows users access to their corporate email via most mobile phones or PDA's
For a technical overview of how email hosting services are engineered you can read about email hubs.
- D'Arcy, M.S. (2008). "CITmail. Hosted email no longer has to be Exchange". Pressbox site: Pressbox.