This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Collegiate Information and Visitors Services Association (CIVSA) is a higher education organization of more than 900 members dedicated to the advancement, standards and excellence of collegiate information and visitors services. As an association, CIVSA's mission is to provide knowledge exchange, research and connections in an inviting arena that builds professional and personal relationships. Members include admissions advisors, campus tour program managers, welcome center coordinators, directors, deans and others.
Consisting of an Executive Board, Board and committees, CIVSA is a member-driven association. Executive Board Officers and Regional Directors are elected by voting members each year during an annual conference hosted in summer.
CIVSA offers members and its affiliates year-round professional development opportunities including an annual conference and student institute, regional events, an email listserv, monthly webinars, book club discussions and quarterly newsletters.
CIVSA is a recognized organization by the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS).
The association is divided geographically into four regions, each of which is led by an elected Regional Director.
CIVSA offers an annual conference each May/June, which welcomes more than 400 people. The conference includes keynote presentations, member-led sessions, discussions, campus tours and networking opportunities.
Leadership - Executive Board, Regional Directors and Headquarters
- President - Jaime Rensel, Arizona State University
- President-Elect - Karlene Kunigiel, Skidmore College
- Immediate Past President - Cindy Singley, Auburn University
- Secretary - Stephen Barnett, University of Kentucky
- Treasurer - Chris Bierdeman, University of Northern Colorado
- Director of Communications - Nick Gonzales, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Region 1 Director - Scott Kirkessner, University of Utah
- Region 2 Director - Dee Lambert, University of Texas at Dallas
- Region 3 Director - Andrew Boehm, Miami University
- Region 4/5 Director - Andrew Cohen, Hofstra University
- Jennifer McGowan
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- College admissions in the United States
- College tours