|Branding||95.5 & 99.7 myFM|
|Slogan||My Music, My Generation|
|Frequency||95.5 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||February 27, 2006|
vertical polarization only
|HAAT||38.7 meters (127 ft)|
|Owner||My Broadcasting Corporation|
The station was launched as "The Coast FM" on February 27, 2006 by 2079966 Ontario Ltd., 70.1% owned by local businessmen Brian Cooper and Danny McCarthy, and 29.9% owned by the Haliburton Broadcasting Group.
On February 17, 2009, the station applied to the CRTC to add a transmitter in Port Elgin operating at 90.9 MHz and was denied on May 13, 2009. The station reapplied to add a transmitter in Port Elgin on January 15, 2010 which received approval on March 12, 2010. The new Port Elgin transmitter would operate on the frequency 90.9 MHz.  Also in February 2009, the station's owners announced a tentative deal to sell the station to My Broadcasting Corporation, which received approval on May 13, 2009.
On January 4, 2010, CIYN-FM was officially relaunched as "88.7 & 99.7 myFM".
|City of license||Identifier||Frequency||Power||Class||RECNet||CRTC Decision|
|Goderich||CIYN-FM-1||99.7 FM||750 watts||A||Query||2008-68|
|Port Elgin||CIYN-FM-2||90.9 FM||3,100 watts||A||Query|
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2005-68
- Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2009-74
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-145
- "My Broadcasting hopes to extend its reach into small-town Ontario", Scott Fybush, NorthEast Radio Watch, February 23, 2009.
- Change in effective control and addition of a transmitter of CIYN-FM Kincardine in Port Elgin - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2009-269
- CIYN-FM history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CIYN-FM
|This article about a radio station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|