|City||Quebec City, Quebec|
(Weekend Radio 91.9)
|Frequency||91.9 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||August 2003|
|Format||Modern Adult Contemporary|
|ERP||13,910 watts average
31,000 watts peak
|HAAT||466.7 meters (1,531 ft)|
Owned and operated by Leclerc Communication, it broadcasts on 91.9 MHz using a directional antenna with an average effective radiated power of 13,910 watts and a peak effective radiated power of 31,000 watts (class C1). The station's transmitter is located at Mount Bélair. The station was licensed by the CRTC in 2002.
On April 30, 2010, then-owner Cogeco announced it would purchase Corus Quebec's radio stations. The sale was approved by the CRTC on December 17, 2010, on the condition that CJEC-FM be sold to another party by December 2011.
On November 9, 2011, Cogeco announced a deal to sell CFEL-FM and CJEC-FM to Leclerc Communication Inc., a broadcaster owned by Jacques Leclerc, a local businessman who owns Laura Secord Chocolates and Biscuits Leclerc. The sale was approved by the CRTC on January 19 and completed on January 31, 2012. The stations were delisted from Cogeco Diffusion's website shortly thereafter. For a time CJEC's website still identified the station as a Cogeco station, which was no longer true; also, the station retained the Rythme FM name and simulcasted most of its networked Rythme FM programming from former sister station CFGL-FM in Montreal. However, on May 21, 2012 at 12 Midnight, Leclerc dropped the Rythme FM branding and adult contemporary programming from CJEC-FM, and began to identify itself as Le 91,9 FM Québec, playing a selection of hot adult contemporary music without use of personalities—the station was relaunched as WKND 91.9 (pronounced on-air as Weekend Radio 91.9) on June 20, 2012 at 6PM. The station has moved away from adult contemporary programming and shifted to modern adult contemporary by adding some alternative rock artists to the playlist.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2002-191, New FM radio station in Québec, CRTC, July 16, 2002
- "Canada's Corus Entertainment sells all its stations in Quebec, including Montreal". Radio-Info.com. 30 April 2010.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-942: "Transfer of effective control of various commercial radio programming undertakings from Corus Entertainment Inc. to Cogeco inc.", issued December 17, 2010.
- Le Soleil: Rythme FM et CKOI vendues... ou presque, November 9, 2011.(French)
- CKOI et Rythme FM officiellement à Leclerc communication -- Quebec Hebdo (Retrieved 2012-01-31)
- Cogeco Diffusion
- Per observation at http://www.rythmefm.com/quebec/ as of March 2, 2012.
- WKND 91.9
- CJEC-FM history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CJEC-FM