Rick Sargent, the owner of the station, was given approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) on October 15, 2007 to broadcast on the frequency 105.5 FM at Bolton. 
On March 14, 2012, the CRTC approved the application by Haliburton Broadcasting Group Inc. for authority to acquire from Rick Sargent the assets of CJFB-FM and CFGM-FM, and for broadcasting licences to continue the operation of the stations.
On April 23, 2012 Vista Broadcast Group, which owns a number of radio stations in western Canada, announced a deal to acquire Haliburton Broadcasting, in cooperation with Westerkirk Capital. The transaction was approved by the CRTC on October 19, 2012.
On May 4, 2015, Vista received approval from the CRTC to change the frequency of CJFB-FM from 105.5 MHz 102.7 MHz. The CRTC also approved a change the station's authorized contours by increasing the average effective radiated power (ERP) from 50 to 1,565 watts (maximum ERP from 50 to 4,000 watts), changing the antenna’s radiation pattern from non-directional to directional and decreasing its effective height above average terrain (EHAAT) from 15.7 to -22 metres.  Vista has also submitted a separate application to revoke the licence for CFGM-FM 102.7 MHz.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2007-370, English-language FM radio station in Bolton, CRTC, October 15, 2007
- Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2008-29 CRTC Public Notice 2008-29
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-152
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-148 CJFB-FM Bolton and CFGM-FM Caledon – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, March 14, 2012
- "Westerkirk Capital Acquires Vista and Haliburton Broadcast Groups". Broadcaster, April 26, 2012.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-577 Various radio programming undertakings – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, October 19, 2012
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-174, CJFB-FM Bolton - Licence amendment and technical changes, CRTC, May 4, 2015
- Radio Caledon
- CJFB-FM history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CJFB-FM
|This article about a radio station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|