This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||KRX: 130960|
(15 October 2010 to 1 July 2018)
(as a standalone public company)
|Founded||March 1, 2011|
|Kim Sung-su (CEO)|
|Owner||as of December 2017:|
CJ E&M was established as O Media Holdings in 2010.
In 2011, the company renamed to CJ E&M (short for CJ Entertainment & Media) following the merger of seven CJ Group company : CJ Media, On-Media, Mnet Media, CJ Entertainment, CJ Games, CJ Internet, and the media division of CJ O Shopping.
In 2016, CJ E&M sets up its South East Asia headquarter in Hong Kong in a bid to expand the group’s major development plan in Asia. 
In 2018, CJ E&M established an office in Singapore to advance the company’s channel distribution and advertising sales support in the region. In May 2018, it was announced that CJ E&M and CJ O Shopping merged into new company CJ ENM (CJ Entertainment and Merchandising), which will be launched on July 1.
Media Content - operating as a media company and television program production.
Film - operating as a film production company, film publishing house, film investment production.
Music - operating as a artists management, record label, music production company, event management, concert production company, music publishing house and entertainment investment company.
Convention - operating as a concert production company, festival production and producing award event.
- Valley Rock Music & Arts Festival
- Get It Beauty CON
- OLive CON
Performing Arts - operating as a theatrical production company.
Animation - operating as a animation production company, animation publishing house, animation investment production and merchandising animation content.
- Studio Bazooka
Media Solution - developing and producing marketing content and providing integrated marketing solutions.
- CJ E&M Game Division - publisher and developer of games - spun off in 2014 as an independent company named CJ Netmarble (Korean: 씨제이넷마블; RR: CJ Netmabul).
In April 2015, CJ E&M was accused of mobilising young employees to fill the seats of its annual general meeting (AGM) of shareholders in an attempt to silence shareholders.
In October 2015, CJ E&M and its US-based subsidiary CJ E&M America were sued by Seoul-based music agency DFSB Kollective for copyright infringement and violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act in the Central District Court of California, with the latter seeking to get $50 million. Responding to the suit, CJ E&M accused DFSB of being unhappy on the final decision on a similar lawsuit filed in Seoul in 2011. The first trial was set for 1 March 2016 after the court rejected CJ E&M's motion to dismiss the case.
- Formerly www.cjenm.com until July 1, 2018; the former domain is now under CJ ENM.
- "IR". m.cjem.net. Archived from the original on 2018-07-22. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- Kim, Geun-woo (17 October 2010). "O Media Holdings - birth of a comprehensive media lord". Money Today. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- Staff, Writer (February 25, 2018). "CJ E&M sets up SEA HQ in Hong Kong". Marketing Magazine. Archived from the original on 2016-02-26. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- Joanna Padovano, Tong (January 26, 2018). "CJ E&M Opens New Office In Singapore". TV Asia. Archived from the original on 2018-01-26. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "CJ오쇼핑·CJ E&M 합병법인 사명 'CJ ENM'으로". www.cj.net. Archived from the original on 2018-06-17. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Kwon, Do-yeon (January 17, 2018). "CJ 오쇼핑-CJ E&M 합병, "글로벌 미디어커머스 플랫폼으로"". Bloter. Archived from the original on 2018-01-17. Retrieved January 17, 2018.
- "Studio Dragon". m.cjenm.com. Archived from the original on 2018-06-15. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- "Bazooka". m.cjenm.com. Archived from the original on 2018-06-15. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- Yoon, Sung-won (3 August 2014). "CJ E&M, Daum spin off game units". The Korea Times. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- Lee, Tae-hoon (3 April 2015). "CJ E&M mobilizes employees to silence shareholders". The Korea Observer. Archived from the original on 2015-04-05. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- Jin, S. "CJ E&M Confronted with U.S. $50 Million Copyright Infringement Lawsuit". Koogle TV. Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- Kim Hoo-ran, Seo Jee-yeon. "CJ E&M faces $50m copyright lawsuit in U.S." The Korea Herald. Herald Corporation. Archived from the original on 2017-01-05. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "DFSB Kollective Co. Ltd. v. CJ E&M, Inc. et al". justia.com. Archived from the original on 2017-01-04. Retrieved 5 January 2017.