Stone Music Entertainment
CJ E&M Music
June 29, 1994 (as Mediopia)|
September 30, 2006 (as Mnet Media)
January 2011 (as CJ E&M Music)
April 3, 2018 (as Stone Music Entertainment)
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
Number of locations
|Wonhyo-ro 3-ga, Yongsan-gu|
|Jung Hyung-jin (CEO)|
Stone Music Entertainment (Hangul: 스톤뮤직엔터테인먼트) is a South Korean entertainment company under the CJ E&M. It is currently one of the largest co-publisher companies in South Korea. The company operates under CJ E&M Music Content Division (Hangul: CJ E&M 음악 콘텐츠 부문) as a record label, talent agency, music production company, event management, concert production company, music publishing house and investment.
Once a home to artists SeeYa, Lee Hyori and I.O.I., it currently manages artists such as SG Wannabe, Davichi, Baek Ji-young, Roy Kim, Son Ho-young, Park Bo-ram, Eric Nam, Heize, Minzy, Kim So-hee, Wanna One, IN2IT, Fromis 9 and IZ*ONE.
The company was established as Mediopia in May 1993 and later renamed as Mediopia Technology Co., Ltd in June 1994, as a manufacturers and distributors of electronic devices.
In January 2002, the company was listed on KOSDAQ.
In August 2004, Maekyung Hudson was incorporated as a subsidiary.
In July 2006, the largest shareholder changed from Poibos Co., Ltd. to CJ Corporation and was incorporated as an affiliate of CJ Corporation. The company later became a part of CJ Media Co., Ltd.
In September 2006, the company was later established again as Mnet Media, following the merged with GM Agency, MaxMP3 and ID Icheon Entertainment.
In January 2007, the company established entertainment company Core Contents Media.
In May 2007, CJ Music was merged into Mnet Media, which was operated in music distribution and broadcasting business.
In January 2011, Mnet Media was merged into CJ E&M and renamed as CJ E&M Music. Following the merged, the company was revocation from KOSDAQ listing on March 2011.
In December 2013, CJ E&M Music acquired 19% of Jellyfish Entertainment's shares to form a partnership.
In 2017, CJ E&M Music established Stone Music Entertainment. The label began produce music for artists under CJ E&M Music such as Wanna One, Davichi, and JBJ and managed Idol School's winning group Fromis 9.
In August 2017, CJ E&M Music established High Up Entertainment joint ventures with producer team Black Eyed Pilseung. In the same months, CJ E&M acquired an additional 32% of Jellyfish Entertainment's shares, beyond the 19% of the label's shares previously acquired in 2013, effectively becoming the label's largest shareholder, with a total of 51%.
In May 2018, CJ E&M Music was merged into Stone Music Entertainment.
As of September 2018, the following companies are the subsidiaries of CJ E&M Music Content Division:
- MMO Entertainment (since 2014)
- The Music Works (since 2014)
- Jellyfish Entertainment (since 2014)
- CJ Victor Entertainment (since 2014)
- B2M Entertainment (since 2015)
- Hi-Lite Records (since 2015)
- AOMG (since 2016)
- HIGHUP Entertainment (since 2017)
- Amoeba Culture (since 2017)
- SWING Entertainment (since 2018)
- Off The Record Entertainment (since 2018)
- SG Wannabe (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
- Davichi (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
- TimeZ (co-managed with Super Jet Entertainment)
- Wanna One (co-managed with SWING Entertainment)
- IN2IT (co-managed with MMO Entertainment)
- Fromis 9 (co-managed with Off The Record Entertainment)
- Iz One (co-managed with Off The Record Entertainment)
- Son Ho-young (co-managed with MMO Entertainment)
- Park Bo-ram (co-managed with MMO Entertainment)
- Eric Nam (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
- Roy Kim (co-managed with MMO Entertainment)
- Kim Feel (co-managed with MMO Entertainment)
- "CJ E&M launches game distribution JV in Taiwan". Korea Times. 2012-09-13. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- "Winners from 'The 3rd GAON Chart Kpop Awards'!". Allkpop. 2014-02-12. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- "cjenm". CJ E&M. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "Jellyfish Entertainment, Music Works, MMO, and 1877 Become Label Companies Under CJ E&M". www.mnetamerica.com.
- Herald, The Korea (28 April 2014). "CJ E&M, Victor Entertainment launch music joint venture".
- "CJ E&M "B2M과 전략적 제휴 체결, 매니지먼트·홍보 협력"".
- "Daum 요청하신 페이지의 사용권한이 없습니다". m.media.daum.net.
- "CJ E&M, 박재범·쌈디의 힙합 레이블 AOMG 인수".
- "[공식입장] 블랙아이드필승, CJ E&M과 손잡고 '하이업 엔터' 설립".
- "젤리피쉬엔터테인먼트, 황세준 대표가 지분 처분".
- "[단독]CJ E&M, 다듀·크러시 속한 아메바컬쳐 마저 품는다".
- "Stone Music Entertainment - Artist". Stone Music Entertainment. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- . Stone Music Entertainment http://stonemusicent.net/label/. Retrieved 27 May 2018. Missing or empty
- "Korea's Fair Trade Commission fines 15 music distributors for collectively rigging prices". allkpop. March 1, 2011. Retrieved July 24, 2013.