CJ E&M Music Performance Division
|CJ E&M 음악공연사업부문|
|CJ E&M eumak gongyeonsa-eop bumun|
|division of CJ E&M|
|Industry||Music & Entertainment|
Poibos (former Daeyoung AV),
|Founded||1994 (as Mediopia Technology Corp.)|
|Headquarters||CJ E&M Center, Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea|
|Ahn Suk-joon (Division Head)|
|Parent||CJ E&M Corp.|
CJ E&M Music Performance Division (Hangul:CJ E&M 음악공연사업부문 CJ E&M eumak gongyeon saeopbumun), also known as CJ E&M Music and Live (or Music·Live) (formerly known as Mediopia Technology Corp., GM Agency Co. Ltd., CJ Music Inc. and Mnet Media Corp.), is a South Korean entertainment company headquartered in Seoul, South Korea which produces, broadcasts, distributes and provides a variety of music and entertainment. It is a subsidiary of the CJ Group. Once the home to top-selling artists/groups, such as Lee Hyori and SeeYa, its current roster of recording artists include, CNBLUE and F.T. Island.
- 1 Business
- 2 Roster
- 3 Subsidiaries
- 4 Former Artists
- 5 Former subsidiaries
- 6 Distribution Network
- 7 Controversies
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The CJ E&M Music Performance Division consists of five divisions:
- Music – entertainment management (music planning and development, production and sales, concerts, etc.)
- Broadcasting – variety program production, owns 2 music cable channels Mnet and KMTV.
- Online music content – runs online music store Mnet.com
- ASP – Naver, LG Telecom mobile music content provider
- Artist management – artist management and support
In 2012 CJ E&M launched a joint venture with Taiwanese firm Cayenne Entertainment Technology Co. to distribute video games.
- SG Wannabe (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
- Davichi (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
- TimeZ (co-managed with Super Jet Entertainment)
- Linus's Blanket
- Boys24 (Upcoming boy group, co-managed with Liveworks Company)
- Roy Kim
- Eric Nam (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
- Emma Wu
- Kim Feel
- Kevin Oh
- Lee Hae-ri (Davichi)
- Gong Minzy
AOMG is an independent subsidiary label of CJ E&M since 2016.
Hi-Lite Records is an independent subsidiary label of CJ E&M since 2015.
1877 Entertainment is an independent subsidiary label of CJ E&M since 2014.
MMO Entertainment is an in-house subsidiary label of CJ E&M.
- Kang Daniel (Produce 101 contestant) (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
- Kim Jae-han (Produce 101 contestant) (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
- Yoon Ji-sung (Produce 101 contestant) (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
- Joo Jin-woo (Produce 101 contestant) (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
- Choi Tae-woong (Produce 101 contestant) (co-managed with B2M Entertainment)
The Music Works
The Music Works (Music Works for short) is an in-house subsidiary label of CJ E&M. It was founded by Oh Won-chul (Philip Oh), former CEO of Baek Ji-young's former agency WS Entertainment, in partnership with CJ E&M.
The agency's logo is a play on the letter M on Mnet's logo, combining the letters M and W.
- Gilgu Bonggu (GB9)
- MYTEEN (set to debut in 2017)
- Lee Se Woong (MYTEEN)
- Choi Eunsu (MYTEEN)
- Kim Guk Heon (MYTEEN)
- Shin Jun Seob (MYTEEN)
- Park Min Jun (MYTEEN)
- Kim Jae Hwan (Music Works Seeds)
- Yeo Min Ho (Music Works Seeds)
- Lee Roo Ha (Music Works Seeds)
- Son Hyun Mi (Idolmaster)
- Oh Yoo Hyun
- Lee Yi Man
- Lee Ji Eun (High School Rapper, 2017)
- Good Entertainment (defunct since 2009)
- MBK Entertainment (formerly known as Core Contents Media, it was acquired by MBK Co., Ltd. in 2014)
- FNC Entertainment (spun off)
- Chrome Entertainment (2012-2013) (moved to Sony Music Korea)
- DSP Media (2002-2013) (moved to LOEN Entertainment)
- JYP Entertainment (moved to LOEN Entertainment, KMP Holdings, and later KT Music)
- Map the Soul Inc. (2009-2010)
- NH Media (moved to Warner Music Korea, KT Music, Sony Music Korea, LOEN Entertainment, Neowiz Internet and later TSN Company)
- Nega Network (moved to LOEN Entertainment)
- Star Empire Entertainment (moved to LOEN Entertainment and KT Music)
- Woollim Entertainment (moved to LOEN Entertainment and KT Music)
- YG Entertainment (moved to KMP Holdings and later KT Music)
- Plan A Entertainment (formerly A Cube Entertainment, acquired by LOEN Entertainment)
- "CJ E&M launches game distribution JV in Taiwan". Korea Times. 2012-09-13. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- "Winners from 'The 3rd GAON Chart Kpop Awards'!". Allkpop. 2014-02-12. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- CJ E&M, Victor Entertainment launch music joint venture
- CJ E&M, 래퍼 팔로알토 힙합 레이블 인수
- CJ E&M, 박재범·쌈디의 힙합 레이블 AOMG 인수
- 전지현·조정석 소속사 문화창고 "CJ E&M과 인수협상 논의 중" [공식입장]
- CJ E&M launches mega K-pop project ‘Boys 24’
- CJ E&M Corporation Invests $20.6 Million In New K-Pop Group Boys 24
- CJ E&M Reveals Boy Group Survival Show “Boys24″ Includes Trainees From Top-Notch Agencies
- "Korea's Fair Trade Commission fines 15 music distributors for collectively rigging prices". allkpop. March 1, 2011. Retrieved July 24, 2013.