CJ Lim (born Chwen Jeng Lim, 1964 in Malaysia) is the Professor of Architecture and Urbanism at The Bartlett Faculty of the Built Environment at University College London (UCL); and served as Pro-Provost of University College London. He is the founder and director of Studio 8 Architects, a UK-based multidisciplinary and international practice in sustainable urban planning, architecture and landscape, focusing on interpretations of social, cultural and environmental programmes. Along with Bernd Felsinger, Lim leads Unit 10 within The Bartlett School of Architecture's MArch Architecture course.
Lim’s research of cities is developed through a new urban paradigm - the 'Smartcity'. The work addresses what the spatial and phenomenological implications are when sustainable design is applied to a city and the role that citizens play in the production of a relevant social space. A central component of the Smartcity is urban agriculture and the establishment of an ecological symbiosis between nature and built form.
The Royal Institute of British Architects has awarded Lim the President’s Medals International Teaching Awards for contribution to architectural education on four separate occasions (1999, 1998, 1998, 1997). In 2006, the Royal Academy of Arts London awarded him the Grand 'AJ/Bovis Lend Lease' Architecture Prize. He also won the Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects Award in 2006 and 2007.
- Food City (Routledge, 2014) CJ Lim
- Short Stories: London in two-and-a-half dimensions (Routledge, 2011) CJ Lim and Ed Liu
- Smartcities + Eco-warriors (Routledge, 2010) CJ Lim and Ed Liu
- Virtually Venice (The British Council, 2006) CJ Lim
- Neo Architecture: CJ Lim (Images Publishing Australia, 2005)
- Devices (Architectural Press Elsevier, 2005; Routledge, 2013) CJ Lim (ed.)
- Museums [work in process] (Glasgow School of Art Press, 2004) CJ Lim
- How Green is your Garden? (Wiley Academy UK + USA, 2003) CJ Lim and Ed Liu
- Realms of Impossibility: Air (Wiley Academy, 2002) CJ Lim and Ed Liu (eds.)
- Realms of Impossibility: Water (Wiley Academy, 2002) CJ Lim and Ed Liu (eds.)
- Realms of Impossibility: Ground (Wiley Academy, 2002) CJ Lim and Ed Liu (eds.)
- Sins + Other Spatial Relatives (Ind-E 8 Publishing London, 2000) CJ Lim
- 441/10...We'll Reconfigure The Space When You're Ready (Ind-E 8 Publishing London, 1996) CJ Lim
- ‘LIM, Prof. C. J.’, Who's Who 2013, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2013; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2012 ; online edn, Nov 2012 accessed 7 Aug 2013
- "Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL". Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Studio 8 Architects". Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Bartlett School of Architecture: MArch Architecture, Unit 10". Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "UCL Iris Profile: Prof CJ Lim". Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Debrett's: Prof CJ Lim". Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition Prizes and Prizewinners 2006". Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Royal Academy of Arts Press Release, Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects Award 2007" (PDF). Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "CJ Lim: Welcome to Wonderland". UCL. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Glancey, Jonathan (2 December 2004). "Concrete Achievements". The Guardian. Retrieved 7 August 2013.