|Broadcast area||Bathurst, New Brunswick|
|Slogan||Today's best music!/La meilleure musique d'aujourd'hui!|
|Frequency||104.9 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||April 18, 1955|
|Format||adult contemporary (French/English)|
|ERP||33,500 watts |
|HAAT||46.2 meters (152 ft)|
|Former frequencies||1400 kHz (AM) (1955-1966)
1360 AM (1966-2003)
(Bell Media Radio Atlantic, Inc.)
The station is currently owned by Bell Media.
In 1954, Bathurst Broadcasting Co. Ltd. received approval to operate an English and French-language AM station with a power of 250 watts. CKBC was originally broadcast on 1400 kHz, and by 1966, had moved to 1360 kHz. The station increased power from 250 to 10,000 watts. Over the years, CKBC went through a number of ownerships. In 2002, CKBC and Telemedia Radio Atlantic's other radio stations were purchased by Astral Media. On November 14, 2003, CKBC was given approval to switch to the FM band.
On June 27, 2013, the CRTC approved an application by Astral Media Inc. to sell its pay and specialty television channels, conventional television stations and radio stations to BCE Inc., including CKBC-FM.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-54, CKBC-FM Bathurst - Technical change, CRTC, February 19, 2015
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2003-572, CKBC Bathurst - Conversion to FM, CRTC, November 13, 2003
- CRTC approves BCE’s bid to acquire Astral’s television and radio services, CRTC, June 27, 2013
- Max 104.9
- CKBC-FM history – Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CKBC-FM
|This article about a radio station in New Brunswick is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|