|Branding||97.9 Real Country|
|Frequency||97.9 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||unknown (AM)
September 6, 2011 (FM)
|Callsign meaning||C K Westlock Barrhead|
CKWB-FM is a Canadian radio station, broadcasting at 97.9 FM in Westlock, Alberta. The station also serves the Barrhead area. The station currently airs a country music format branded on-air as 97.9 Real Country and is owned by Newcap Radio.
Over the years, the station has gone through different brandings, formats and ownerships.
Move to FM
In August 2011, 1370 CFOK began testing on their new frequency at 97.9 MHz. After the official launch of the new station on 97.9 FM, the station's call sign will be CKWB-FM. 
On September 6, 2011, at 6:00 am MDT, 1370 CFOK dropped its classic hits format and made its official move to FM 97.9 MHz as "97.9 The Range" with its new call sign CKWB-FM and a country music format.  CFOK's old 1370 AM transmitter will be shut down.
On November 7, 2016, CKWB-FM rebranded to the Real Country branding as part of a national relaunch of all Newcap country stations on FM in Alberta under the Real Country Network branding and became known as "97.9 Real Country".
- CFOK listed at the CCF under existing northern Alberta radio stations
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-102
- CFOK 1370 flip to FM, radiowest.ca
- CKWB IS ON THE AIR, 97.9 The Range, September 6, 2011
- 97.9 The Range
- CFOK history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CKWB-FM (New 97.9 MHz frequency)
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFOK (Old AM 1370 kHz frequency)
|This article about a radio station in Alberta is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|