CK Hutchison Holdings
This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||SEHK: 1|
|Predecessor||Cheung Kong Holdings|
|Headquarters||Cheung Kong Center, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong|
|Victor Li Tzar-kuoi, Chairman and Group Co-managing Director |
Canning Fok Kin-ning, Group Co-managing director
Li Ka-shing, Senior Advisor
|Products||Core businesses – Ports and related services, Retail, Infrastructure, Energy and Telecommunications|
|Revenue||US$21.51 billion (2016)|
|US$5.9 billion (2016)|
|Total assets||US$133.28 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
|270,000 (incl. subsidiaries)|
CK Hutchison Holdings Limited is a Cayman Islands–registered multinational conglomerate headquartered in Hong Kong. The company was formed in March 2015 through the merger of Cheung Kong Holdings and its main associate company Hutchison Whampoa. It is renowned for its five core businesses ‐ ports and related services, retail, infrastructure, energy and telecommunications, which operates in over 50 countries.
The company owns substantial holdings in businesses across a number of industries. Several subsidiaries also own holdings in their sister companies.
- 3 Group Europe – operates 3-branded mobile telephone networks in Austria, Denmark, Ireland, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Hutchison Asia Telecom Group – operates mobile telephone networks in Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Vietnam.
- Hutchison Telecommunications Hong Kong Holdings (66.09%) – operates 3-branded mobile telephone networks in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Vodafone Hutchison Australia (50%) – a joint venture with Vodafone Group providing mobile telephone services in Australia.
- Wind Tre (100%) – operates Wind-branded as well as the 3-branded mobile and landline telephone networks in Italy.
- [[CK Infrastructure Holdings]] (75.67%) – owns a number of infrastructure companies around the world.
- Eversholt Rail Group
- Australian Gas Networks
- UK Power Networks
- Northern Gas Networks
- Northumbrian Water Group
- Hutchison Water
- Park 'N Fly Airport Parking
- Wales & West Utilities
- Power Assets Holdings (38.87%)
- A.S. Watson Group (75%) – health and beauty retail group, with subsidiaries around the world.
- Husky Energy (40.2%) – Canadian energy company.
- Chi-Med (60.15%)
- CK Life Sciences (45.32%)
- TOM Group (36.7%)
- Metro Broadcast Corporation
- AlipayHK (a joint venture with Alibaba's Ant Financial)
- "CK Hutchison on the Forbes Growth Champions List".
- Sito, Peggy; Li, Sandy (25 February 2015). "Li Ka-shing's two firms set for merger as Cheung Kong shareholders approve revamp". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Our Company - A.S. Watson Group | A member of CK Hutchison Holdings". A.S. Watson Group | A member of CK Hutchison Holdings.
- "Group Listed Companies". CK Hutchison Holdings. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- CK Infrastructure Holdings https://www.cki.com.hk/english/hongKong/home/index.htm. Missing or empty
- Davies, Paul J; Noble, Josh (5 January 2014). "Li Ka-shing to spin off Hong Kong electricity distribution unit". Financial Times. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- https://www.hphtrust.com/. Missing or empty
- Li Ka-shing sells nearly 25pc of AS Watson to Singapore investment giant Temasek, SCMP, 22 March 2014
- "Li Ka-shing, Jack Ma Join Forces to Bring Digital Wallet to Hong Kong". Bloomberg.com. 26 September 2017.