CLARK the band
|CLARK the band|
|Also known as||Clark|
|Origin||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Associated acts||Arcade Fire|
|Past members||John Tielli
Philip Shaw Bova
The band was formed in Ottawa in 1999 by John Tielli who sang, played guitar and composed. Initially named simply "Clark", the group began using the name "CLARK the band" to differentiate themselves from other similarly named bands.
The group's roster changed throughout its existence; Tielli was the only consistent member. Primary members also included Matt Gagnon on bass and vocals, Mike Dubue on keyboards and vocals, Philip Shaw Bova on drums, Andrew McCormack on drums, Jeremy Gara on drums, Tim Kingsbury on bass and vocals, Vish Khanna on drums, Robin Buckley on drums, Dan Neill on drums, vocals and keyboards, Ryan Myshrall on bass, Jordy Walker on drums and Corwin Fox on bass and vocals.
In 2000, the band released a three song EP titled Clark.
In 2001, the group release its full-length debut, Terra Incognito: By Land, Sea and Air. It received positive reviews from the Ottawa Citizen, Eye Weekly, and CBC Radio's Bandwidth. Reviewer Kevin Jagernauth called Clark's combination of rock with eighties keyboard pop refreshing.
The group disbanded in 2007. Tielli has since moved to Toronto and formed the group Metal Kites.
|2001||Terra Incognita - By Land, Sea and Air|
- Music of Canada
- Canadian rock
- List of bands from Canada
- List of Canadian musicians
- Category:Canadian musical groups
- "Ghost Town, Mb. / Mondragon / CKUW: the Phonemes, Metal Kites, & Ingrid Gatin in Concert, June 13 (Archived copy)". Winnipeg Arts. Archived from the original on July 6, 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- "Ottawa Buzz: Locals Plans Barrage Of CD Releases". Chart Attack - Aug 26, 2005
- Barclay, Michael (2000-09-30). "Clark Clark". Exclaim.ca. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- Smiderle, Wes (January 31, 2002). "Star's brother rocks his own way: John Tielli finds a home in Ottawa", Ottawa Citizen, p. E3.
- Jagernauth , Kevin (2002). "Clark: Terra Incognita: By Land, Sea & Air", Broken Pencil (18): 75.
- "Clark (The Band) — The Woods". Chart Attack, Jun 27, 2005
- "Clark The Woods". Exclaim!, By Vish Khanna. Aug 01, 2005