|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Mission||to ease the impact of childhood cancer on children, young people and their families.|
CLIC Sargent is a charity in the United Kingdom formed in 2005. The charity specializes in supporting children and young people with cancer, and their families. It provides clinical, practical, financial and emotional support to help children cope with cancer and get the most out of life.
CLIC Sargent supports people from diagnosis onwards and aims to help the whole family deal with the impact of cancer and its treatment, life after treatment and, in some cases, bereavement.
The charity also undertakes research into the impact of cancer on children and young people. It uses this evidence to raise awareness and to seek to influence government and policy-makers, and those who provide public services across the UK.
CLIC Sargent was formed in 2005 after a successful merger between Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood (CLIC) and Sargent Cancer Care for Children.
Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood (CLIC) was founded in 1976 by Bob Woodward following the diagnosis of his young son with cancer two years earlier.
CLIC Sargent provides the following services:
- clinical, practical and emotional support for children and young people with cancer, and their families
- financial support including grants and benefits information to children and young people with cancer
- free 'Home from Home' accommodation close to specialist hospitals, so that families can be close to their children during treatment
- free breaks so that families can spend time together, with the support of CLIC Sargent care professionals
- provision for children, young people and families of a range of information on childhood cancer and its impact
- a digital peer-to-peer community for young people (16-24) who have or have had cancer
- raising awareness of the needs of children and young people with cancer and campaigning to improve the support they receive.
Awareness and fundraising
CLIC Sargent's main fundraising and awareness events are during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in September each year. Other awareness and fundraising activities include: The Big Buzz, Wig Wednesday and ITV's Text Santa. People also fundraise through runs, cycles and other events.
- Zara Phillips, CLIC Sargent Royal Patron
- Lady Helen Taylor, CLIC Sargent Ambassador
- Lucy Alexander
- James Allen
- Lord Richard Attenborough
- Alice Beer
- Angellica Bell
- Nicola Benedetti
- Cherie Booth
- Sara Carello
- Mark Chapman
- Sir James Galway
- Tim Henman
- Chris Hollins
- Emma Johnson
- Marie and Eddie Jordan
- Gary Lineker
- Jackie and Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen
- Julian Lloyd Webber
- Sally Magnusson
- Sandra and Barry McGuigan
- José Mourinho
- Patsy Palmer
- Steve Rider
- Gaby Roslin
- Michelle Ryan
- Sharleen Spiteri
- Rowan Williams
- Richard Young
Corporate partners currently working with CLIC Sargent:
- BT Sports: The Supporter's Club
- Credo Asset Finance
- Crerar Hotels
- The CLICK Group
- JD Wetherspoon
- Johnson Matthey
- Metcalfe's Food Company
- MFS Investment Management
- Network Rail
- Partylite UK
- Signet Jewelers
- Suffolk Gates
- TC facilities management
- Wallis (retailer)
- Winplus Europe
- Wren Kitchens
- Zurich Insurance Group
A Bluestar bus in a special advertising livery to support the charity.
Rear of the Bluestar bus in the special advertising livery.
- Children With Leukaemia
- Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research
- The Neuroblastoma Society
- Neuroblastoma Children's Cancer Alliance UK
- Leonora Children's Cancer Fund
- "Charity Commission UK".
- "CLIC Sargent Appoints new chief executive".
- "CLIC Sargent: Childhood Cancer Awareness Month".
- "CLIC Sargent: The Big Buzz".
- "CLIC Sargent: Wig Wednesday".
- "ITV: Text Santa".
- "CLIC Sargent: Fundraising and events".
- "CLIC Sargent: Current Partners".