|Formerly||PEOPLES Telephone Company Limited|
|Founded||28 June 1994|
China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited or CMHK (Chinese: 中國移動香港有限公司), is a wholly owned subsidiary of China Mobile. The company was incepted in January 1997 and was the first PCS operator to launch such services in Hong Kong. CMHK is currently the largest telecommunications operator in Hong Kong.
In June 1994, the company was first launched and established as PEOPLES Telephone Company Limited in Hong Kong and was awarded a PCS license in 1996 September. In May 2000, it was the first operator in Hong Kong to launch an open portal WAP service.
In October 2005, it was acquired by China Mobile and renamed to China Mobile Peoples Telephone Company Limited (Chinese: 中國移動萬眾電話有限公司) in April 2006. In March 2006, it was delisted and became a fully subsidiary of China Mobile.
In December 2008, it was renamed to China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited but kept its brand name "Peoples".
In December 2012, China Mobile Hong Kong launched the world's first network TD-LTE/LTE FDD fusion (4G) for roaming.
|900 MHz (905~910;950~955)||2*5 MHz||GSM/LTE|
|1800 MHz (1750~1760;1845~1855)+(1770~1780;1865~1875)||2*20 MHz (not contiguous)||GSM/LTE|
|2100 MHz (1925.3–1935.2;2115.3–2125.2 )||2*10 MHz||LTE/3G||2x5MHz 3G freq: 2127.6;1937.6 rent PCCW-HKT|
|2300 MHz (2330~2360)||30 MHz||TD-LTE||20+10 Carrier aggregation|
|2600 MHz (2670-2690;2550-2570)||2x20MHz||LTE||swap spectrum with HKT |
|3.5 GHz (3380-3460)||80 MHz||5G NR|
|4.9 GHz (4800-4880)||80 MHz|
As of June 2017, CMHK has 8.274 million subscribers, making them the largest mobile network operator in Hong Kong. As of May 2018, CMHK provided network service 4.5G, 4G LTE (LTE FDD and TD-LTE), 3GHSPA, GPRS and EDGE.
In 2017, CMHK launched their home broadband services with 3 plans of internet speed selection.
- "OFTA, Office of the Telecommunications Authority, Hong Kong". 9 February 2010. Archived from the original on 9 February 2010. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "Corporate Overview of CMHK". www.hk.chinamobile.com. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "China Mobile Peoples Telephone Co Ltd: Company Profile - Bloomberg". Bloomberg. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "Written Submission to Legislative Council Subcommittee on draft Telecommunications (Method for Determining Spectrum Utilization Fees) (Third Generation Mobile Services) Regulation and draft Telecommunications (Designation of Frequency Bands Subject to Payment of Spectrum Utilization Fees) Order" (PDF). Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "China Resources Peoples Telephone Company Limited - Announcement" (PDF). Singtao.com. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "People's Daily Online -- China Mobile to buy China Resources Peoples". en.people.cn. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "China Mobile (Hong Kong) to take over China Resources Peoples Telephone - Market News | Shares & Markets - Telegraph". shares.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "China Mobile Hong Kong release TD-LTE this year - Gizmochina". Gizmochina. 5 November 2012. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Chan, Jennifer. "China Mobile pursues a new dream". Marketing Interactive. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "China Mobile Hong Kong Launches New Corporate Brand, plus Commercial Brand "and!"". www.hk.chinamobile.com. Retrieved 3 May 2018.[permanent dead link]
- https://www.coms-auth.hk/filemanager/statement/en/upload/351/ca_statements20160114_en.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- China Mobile group only releases annual report of its total subscribers which is around 866 million users as of June 2017, which includes mainland China operations and Hong Kong operations. With the total number of mobile users in Hong Kong being over 17 million, and subtracting subscribers of other three networks in Hong Kong, the results are remaining subscribers of CMHK, which is around 8 million users.
- "中國移動香港進攻家居寬頻市場" [CMHK to enter home broadband market]. www.hk.chinamobile.com (in Chinese (Hong Kong)). Retrieved 3 May 2018.