CMT's Next Superstar
|CMT's Next Superstar|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Executive producer(s)||Simon Lythgoe
|Running time||45 minutes|
CMT's Next Superstar is a music competition series specializing in country music. It is launched by American Country Music Television specialty station CMT in partnership with producer Nigel Lythgoe and his son, Simon Lythgoe. Nigel Lythgoe already produces the series American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance.
The 10-episode series premiered in April 2011 on CMT. Each episode will be one hour-long episode. Contestants, mainly undiscovered singer-songwriters in the country genre will compete while living together in Nashville, Tennessee. Celebrity guests will guide them each week. Each week, one finalist will be eliminated and viewers will have the final vote to determine who will win the title. An album of songs by participants is due mid-to-late summer 2011. Also best competitors will take part in the CMT Summer Tour.
On June 10, 2011, Matt Mason was crowned the first winner of the show and will go on tour that summer.
- Ben Smith, 29, Gainesville, Texas- Eliminated- Episode 1
- Matt Dame, 37, Batesville, Arkansas - Eliminated- Episode 2
- Adrienne Beasley, 22, Wickliffe, Kentucky- Eliminated- Episode 3
- Bri Bagwell, 23, Las Cruces, New Mexico- Eliminated- Episode 4
- Andrea Pearson, 29, Kelowna, British Columbia- Eliminated- Episode 5
- Courtney Cole, 24, Mandeville, Louisiana- Eliminated- Episode 6
- Wynn Varble, 50, Hampshire, Tennessee - Eliminated- Episode 7
- Danielle Lauderdale, 23, Orange Park, Florida- Episode 8