CO-OP Financial Services
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2019)
|Operating area||United States, Canada|
|Founded||1981 (as CO-OP Network)|
CO-OP Financial Services, formerly known as CO-OP Network and also known as CU Cooperative Systems, Inc., is a company that operates an interbank network connecting the ATMs of credit unions in the United States, with locations also in Canada and certain United States Navy bases overseas. It is the largest credit union-owned interbank network in the US. The company's payments solutions, fraud mitigation services and strategic counsel help credit unions optimize member experiences.
In 2003, the network added 262 ATMs of the Navy Federal Credit Union which are located on U.S. Naval bases through the United States plus Africa, Bahrain, Cuba, Diego Garcia, Greece, Guam, Italy, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Spain. ATM access at these bases are restricted to individuals with the proper base security access.
In 2015, CO-OP acquired majority interest in Canadian payments solutions provider Everlink Payment Services Inc.
CO-OP acquired payment processor TMG in 2017, of which it held minority ownership since 2012.
CO-OP Financial Services also provides what the company calls shared branching. Members of 1,800 credit unions can perform most teller transactions at any one of the network's 5,700 branches. This system was founded in 1975 by five Detroit-area credit unions to minimize costs associated with having their own branches. 
- Orem, Tina (March 27, 2020). "CO-OP Financial Services Launches Cardholder Relief Program". Credit Union Times.
- "Company Overview of CU Cooperative Systems, Inc". Bloomberg. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- "About CO-OP Financial Services". True Work.
- "CO-OP Financial Services Company Overview". Credit Union Executive Society.
- VanSomeren, Lindsay (May 29, 2019). "CO-OP Shared Branching: A Credit Union Perk". MagnifyMoney.
- Orem, Tina (March 2, 2017). "CO-OP Inks ATM Deal with 7-Eleven". Credit Union Times.
- "CO-OP Spreads Wings Across NorthernBorders". American Banker. October 8, 2002.
- "CO-OP Financial Services Timeline & History". CO-OP Financial Services.
- "Navy Federal CU adds its ATMs to Co-Op Network". ATM Marketplace. February 13, 2003.
- Perez, Lauren (November 20, 2018). "USAA vs. Navy Federal: Which Is Better for You?". Smart Asset.
- Morrison, David (December 10, 2007). "CO-OP Network Brings Surcharge Free ATMs To Costco". Credit Union Times.
- "Co-op Financial Services to acquire interest in Canada's Everlink". ATM Marketplace. April 16, 2015.
- "CO-OP Financial Services Acquires TMG". CUToday.com. April 3, 2017.
- "COOPER Fraud Analyzer from CO-OP Now Protecting 9.7 Million Member Accounts". Payments Journal. March 10, 2020.
- Ogden, Michael (May 18, 2020). "Jim Hanisch Announces Retirement From CO-OP Financial Services". Credit Union Times.
- Vozza, Stephanie (August 23, 2019). "Banking 101: Understanding the Credit Union Shared Branching Network". DepositAccounts by Lending Tree.
- Pritchard, Justin (March 31, 2020). "Another Credit Union Perk: CO-OP Shared Branching". The Balance.
- Jooss, Ron (December 20, 2019). "PODCAST: An industry leader". Credit Union National Association.
- "Shared Branching Turning 30 this Month". Credit Union Times. October 25, 2005.