Logo of the CONICYT
|Formed||May 20, 1967|
|Headquarters||Moneda 1375, Santiago|
CONICYT is a Chilean government agency responsible for coordinating, promoting and aiding scientific research in the country. The name is an acronym of Comisión Nacional de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica meaning "National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research". CONICYT is part of the Ministry of Education.
CONICYT provides grants through several programs:
- FONDECYT (National Fund for Scientific and Technological Development)
- FONDEF (Fund for the Promotion of Scientific and Technological Development)
- FONDAP (Financing Fund Research Centres in Priority Areas)
- National Fund for Research and Development in Health
- Regional Fund for Scientific and Technological Development
- Explore program
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2018)
- "Presidente del Concejo". CONICYT. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
|This Chile-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This science article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|