||It has been suggested that CORDIS history be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since November 2015.|
CORDIS is the Community Research and Development Information Service, available at http://cordis.europa.eu
It is the European Commission's primary public repository and portal to disseminate information on all EU-funded research projects and their results in the broadest sense.
The website and repository include all public information held by the Commission (project factsheets, publishable reports and deliverables), editorial content to support communication and exploitation (news, events, success stories, magazines, multilingual "results in brief" for the broader public) and comprehensive links to external sources such as open access publications and websites.
Services and activities
CORDIS offers access to a broad range of information and services on EU research, including:
- The primary repository of EU-funded research projects and their results, including the formal deliverables collected by the European Commission
- Multilingual "Results in brief" that summarise the outcomes of research project for a broader public and to support exploitation of results
- Free subscriptions to the research*eu results magazines, also available as PDF and eBooks
- Daily news and events, provided by both the European Commission and by user contributions
- An interactive environment to find research partners and to support online groups
- Search and reuse facilities, including custom email alerts, RSS feeds and XML extractions
The CORDIS website is available in six languages (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Polish), although much of the scientific content is only in English.
CORDIS content dates back to the origin of the service in 1990 and the website has been online since 1994, as the first website of the European institutions.
Organisation and legal basis
CORDIS was created in 1990 following a Communication of the Commission for the implementation of an RTD information service (SEC(1988)1831).
The legal basis and financing of CORDIS derive from the work programmes of Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development.