CP Urban Services
|Locale||Metropolitan Lisbon and Metropolitan Porto|
|Transit type||Commuter rail|
|Number of lines||4 with 7 services (Lisbon) and 5 (Porto)|
|Operator(s)||Comboios de Portugal|
Metropolitan Lisbon Network
It comprises four lines,
- Azambuja line: connects Azambuja and Castanheira do Ribatejo to Alcântara-Terra and Santa Apolónia
- Cascais line: connects Cascais to Cais do Sodré
- Sado line: connects Barreiro to Praias do Sado
- Sintra line: connects Sintra and Mira-Sintra-Meleças to Rossio, Alverca and Oriente
Although the Cintura line connects the Azambuja line (at Braço de Prata) to the Cascais line (at Alcântara-Mar), the stretch between Alcântara-Terra and Alcântara-Mar is only used for freight services, and passengers transferring between both stations have to do so on foot.
Nowadays, the services from the Azambuja and Sintra lines are joined in a single timetable, as "Azambuja/Lisboa/Sintra".
Since 2011, the Azambuja line has offered a direct connection between Azambuja and Alcântara-Terra, with an additional Castanheira–Santa Apolónia service during weekdays, a change that will be reversed with the Summer 2015 timetables, that reintroduce the older Azambuja–Santa Apolónia and Castanheira–Alcântara-Terra services.
Metropolitan Porto Network
The CP Urban Services in the great Porto area consists of 4 main lines, linking Porto Terminus São Bento Station (Estação de São Bento) in Porto Downtown with the cities of Braga, Guimarães, Aveiro and Penafiel. The lines are completely electrified and the service is efficient. The Commuter rail service in Porto is well connected with bus and metro service in the city, linking with lines A (Blue line), B (Red line), C (Green line), E (Violet Line) and F (Orange Line) of metro service in Campanhã Station and with line D (Yellow line) in São Bento Station.
- CP, "Mapa das Linhas dos Comboios Urbanos do Porto" (Porto Urban Trains Lines Map)  (Portuguese) Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- CP, Lisbon Urban Service network map  Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- CP, "Azambuja / Lisboa / Sintra – summary [timetable]"  (in Portuguese), Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- CP, "Azambuja / Lisboa / Sintra – summary [timetable]" , Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- Expresso, "Transportes: Linha ferroviária de Leixões recebe comboios de passageiros a partir de Setembro"  (Portuguese) Retrieved on 2010-08-31.
- Official Web Site (in English)