|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|First issue||June 7, 1982|
|Based in||Westborough, Massachusetts|
CRN was first launched as Computer Retail Week on June 7, 1982, as a magazine targeted to computer resellers. It soon after was renamed Computer Reseller News .
History and profile
Originally launched in 1982 and published by CMP Media of Manhasset, New York, United States, CRN was subsequently purchased by London-based United Business Media (UBM) as part of the $920 million acquisition of CMP. Computer Reseller News later changed its name to the acronym CRN and is still published today by franchise publishers in a number of other countries including Australia, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, India, Poland, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The UK version of CRN is now published by Incisive Media and the U.S. version is published by The Channel Company.
The headquarters of the magazine is in Westborough, Massachusetts. In 2009 CRN's U.S. version was recognized as a leading advertising medium for the IT industry by B2B's Media Power 50 ranking, which called it the "unrivaled leader in covering the channel".
In January 2012, the UK version of CRN launched the CRN Sales and Marketing Awards. These awards recognise and reward the achievements of high-achieving information and communications technology companies.
- "CMP Media Inc. History". Funding Universe. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- About CRN Russian Edition
- "How to Pitch CRN Magazine (Formerly Computer Reseller News)". Marketing Sherpa. July 12, 2002. Retrieved December 27, 2015.
- "Media Power 50: Information Technology | B2B Aa Free (no Sub Or Reg Required)". Btob online. May 4, 2009. Retrieved September 20, 2013.
- "CRN Sales & Marketing Awards 2013". Channelweb. June 19, 2013. Retrieved September 20, 2013.