|Operator||Zagreb Stock Exchange|
|Exchanges||Zagreb Stock Exchange|
|Related indices||CROBEX10, CROBIS|
CROBEX is the official share index of the Zagreb Stock Exchange. As of March 2011, it includes stocks of 25 companies and is calculated continuously using the latest stock prices. It is measured using free float market capitalization, where the weight of each individual stock is limited to 15 percent.
It began to be published on September 1, 1997, and the base date is July 1, 1997, when its base value was 1000 points.
For a long time, the Pliva stock was one of the main constituents of the index, before the company was sold and de-listed.
In October 2007, its value was around 5400 points, an all-time high. By March 2009, the index dropped to 1300 points. In the first half of 2011, it hovered around 2200 points, falling to below 1800 by the end of the year. In October 2016, the index broke 2000 points, the highest level since March 2013.
Stocks need to meet the following requirements in order to be included into CROBEX:
- they have to be traded in more than 90% of the total number of trade days in the selected time period
The stock ranking is determined by weighing the following two parameters:
- their free float market capitalization as a proportion of the total
- their traffic as a proportion of the total share traffic in the six-month time period observed
The index is revised every third Friday of March and September. The Index Commission can revise the index if the following extraordinary events happen:
- bankruptcy or liquidation of a company, increase or decrease in the base capital of a company, takeover, merger.
- removal of a stock listing
- long-term suspension of trade of a stock
There are also other circumstances related to the issuer or the stock that can affect the quality of the CROBEX index that can cause the Commission to revise the index.
A special revision can happen to include a new stock in the index in case the stock, in the first 30 days since its listing date, is traded in 100% of the total number of trade days, taking into account its free float market capitalization and share of traffic.
The index consists of the following 22 companies, as of the last update in November 2013:
|Atlantska plovidba||Dubrovnik||Marine transportation||ATPL|
|Đuro Đaković Holding||Slavonski Brod||DDJH|
|Ericsson Nikola Tesla||Zagreb||Telecommunications equipment||ERNT|
|Valamar Adria Holding||Zagreb||KORF|
- "Indeksi: CROBEX". Zagreb Stock Exchange. 2011-03-21. Retrieved 2008-12-08.