CSAB (professional organization)
CSAB, Inc., formerly called the Computing Sciences Accreditation Board, Inc., is a non-profit professional organization in the United States, focused on the quality of education in computing disciplines. The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the IEEE Computer Society (IEEE-CS) are the member societies of CSAB. The Association for Information Systems (AIS) was a member society between 2002 and September 2009.
- It is leading for computer science, information systems, information technology, and software engineering
- It is working together with other ABET member societies for computer engineering, information engineering technology, and biological engineering
- For the disciplines where CSAB is leading, it develops the accreditation criteria and it educate the so-called Program Evaluators (PEVs).
- But the accreditation activities themselves are conducted by the appropriate ABET accreditation commission. For computing this is the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC).
Initially, CSAB had its own accreditation commission called the Computer Science Accreditation Commission (CSAC). But in November 1998 CSAB and ABET agreed to integrate CSAB's accreditation activities within ABET. The result is that in 2000 a reorganized CSAB became a member society of ABET and that, starting with the 2001-2002 cycle, a merged and renamed CSAC operates as the fourth commission of ABET: the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC).
- "CSAB Home page". CSAB. Retrieved 2010-09-15.
- "2010 CAC Institutional Representatives' Day Presentation, p15-16: CSAB Inc." (PDF). ABET. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-15. Presentation found on ABET Presentations.
- "Association for Information Systems Withdraws from CSAB" (PDF). CSAB. Sep 23, 2009. Retrieved 2010-09-15. News Release found on CSAB News.
- "ABET Members". ABET. Retrieved 2010-09-15.
- "IEEE Computer Society Marks 60th Anniversary". IEEE-CS. August 7, 2007. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "Tribute to Taylor L. Booth". IEEE-CS. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "Integration of CSAB and ABET". Missouri University of Science and Technology. 2000. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- "ABET Integration Update". Roy Levow. July 11, 2000. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- "CSAB Fellow Will Be First Computing Professional to Serve on ABET Board Executive Committee". CSAB. April 5, 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-08. News Release found on CSAB News.
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|