Type I cytokine receptor
Type I cytokine receptors are transmembrane receptors expressed on the surface of cells that recognize and respond to cytokines with four α-helical strands. These receptors are also known under the name hemopoietin receptors, and share a common amino acid motif (WSXWS) in the extracellular portion adjacent to the cell membrane. Members of the type I cytokine receptor family comprise different chains, some of which are involved in ligand/cytokine interaction and others that are involved in signal transduction.
Signal transduction chains
The signal transducing chains are often shared between different receptors within this receptor family.
- The IL-2 receptor common gamma chain (also known as CD132) is shared between:
- The common beta chain (CD131 or CDw131) is shared between the following type I cytokine receptors:
- The gp130 receptor ([Glycoprotein 130]) (also known as gp130, IL6ST, IL6-beta or CD130) is shared between:
- Interleukin-2 receptor
- Interleukin-3 receptor
- Interleukin-4 receptor
- Interleukin-5 receptor
- Interleukin-6 receptor
- Interleukin-7 receptor
- Interleukin-9 receptor
- Interleukin-11 receptor
- Interleukin-12 receptor
- Interleukin-13 receptor
- Interleukin-15 receptor
- Interleukin-21 receptor
- Interleukin-23 receptor
- Interleukin-27 receptor
Colony stimulating factor receptors
Hormone receptor/neuropeptide receptor
- Lichtman, Andrew H.; Abbas, Abul K. (2003). Cellular and molecular immunology (5th ed.). Philadelphia: Saunders. ISBN 0-7216-0008-5.
- He YW, Adkins B, Furse RK, Malek TR (1995). "Expression and function of the gamma c subunit of the IL-2, IL-4, and IL-7 receptors. Distinct interaction of gamma c in the IL-4 receptor". J. Immunol. 154 (4): 1596–605. PMID 7530740.
- Stomski FC, Woodcock JM, Zacharakis B, Bagley CJ, Sun Q, Lopez AF (1998). "Identification of a Cys motif in the common beta chain of the interleukin 3, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, and interleukin 5 receptors essential for disulfide-linked receptor heterodimerization and activation of all three receptors". J. Biol. Chem. 273 (2): 1192–9. PMID 9422786. doi:10.1074/jbc.273.2.1192.
- Cirillo, Donatella; Rachiglio, Anna Maria; la Montagna, Raffaele; Giordano, Antonio; Normanno, Nicola (1 November 2008). "Leptin signaling in breast cancer: An overview". Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 105 (4): 956–964. doi:10.1002/jcb.21911.