CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (season 14)
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (season 14)|
Season 14 U.S. DVD cover
Robert David Hall
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||22|
|Original release||September 25, 2013– May 7, 2014|
The series's 300th episode aired during the season, with Marg Helgenberger guest starring in the landmark episode in a series of newly recorded "flashbacks" to a case that occurred in the time frame of the first season. Due to the leave of absence taken by George Eads following his altercation with a writer, he appears only in the first three episodes of the season, under the pretext of receiving special training in Quantico. Eads returned in the episode "Check In and Check Out". The season also introduced a redesigned title sequence.
On February 18, 2014, CBS announced plans to launch a new spin-off of the CSI franchise, tentatively titled CSI: Cyber, with a backdoor pilot episode, entitled "Kitty", that aired April 30, 2014. Inspired by producer Mary Aiken's work as a cyber-psychologist, the new series revolves around Special Agent Avery Ryan, played by Patricia Arquette, who is in charge of the Cyber division at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C.. The show was officially picked up by CBS on May 9, 2014. On March 13, 2014 it was announced that CSI: Crime Scene Investigation would return for a fifteenth season, which started airing in September 2014.
D.B. and Finn lead the hunt for Morgan, while Brody makes a shocking discovery that endangers her own life ("The Devil and D.B. Russell"), in the fourteenth season of CSI. Also this season the team investigate the unusual, the brutal, and the life-changing, including a casino heist ("Take the Money and Run"), a night-club fire ("Torch Song"), a contact lens discovered on a cookery show ("Last Supper"), a cold case that takes the team, and Willows, back to 2000 ("Frame by Frame"), the death of a homeless man ("Passed Pawns"), a body in a human hamster ball ("Helpless"), a stabbing at a hotel ("Check In and Check Out"), the murder of Santa ("The Lost Reindeer"), a petty crime on a plane ("Keep Calm and Carry On"), a car-crash ("Boston Brakes"), a murder in Mexico ("De Los Muertos"), and the death of a sixteen year old ("Love for Sale"). Meanwhile, Greg is accused of framing a man seven years ago ("Under a Cloud"), Sara, Morgan and Finn head to a spa ("Girls Gone Wild"), D.B. is taken hostage ("The Fallen"), the team track a cannibal ("Consumed"), and Brass has to make a decision when his daughter attempts suicide ("Dead In His Tracks"). Avery Ryan, meanwhile, heads to Las Vegas to work alongside the CSI team when a casino owner's wife is killed in a cyber-related case ("Kitty").
- Ted Danson as D.B. Russell, a CSI Level 3 Supervisor and the Lab Director
- Elisabeth Shue as Julie Finlay, a CSI Level 3 Assistant Supervisor
- George Eads as Nick Stokes, a CSI Level 3
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle, a CSI Level 3
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders, a CSI Level 3
- Robert David Hall as Al Robbins, the Chief Medical Examiner
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges, a Trace Technician
- David Berman as David Phillips, an Assistant Medical Examiner
- Elisabeth Harnois as Morgan Brody, a CSI Level 3
- Jon Wellner as Henry Andrews, a DNA and Toxicology Technician
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass, a Homicide Detective Captain
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Patricia Arquette as Avery Ryan
- John De Lancie as General Robert Landsdale
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|296||1||"The Devil and D.B. Russell"||Alec Smight||Teleplay by: Christopher Barbour & Don McGill
Story by: Christopher Barbour
|September 25, 2013||9.12|
|D.B. Russell leads the CSI team on a hunt to find Morgan and Ellie Brass following their kidnapping by a ritualistic killer in last season's end.|
|297||2||"Take the Money and Run"||Louis Shaw Milito||Andrew Dettmann||October 2, 2013||9.66|
|A complex casino heist has the CSIs scratching their heads.|
|298||3||"Torch Song"||Brad Tanenbaum||Tom Mularz||October 9, 2013||8.82|
|When the smoke from a nightclub fire clears away and four dead bodies are revealed, the CSI team goes looking for an amateur arsonist.|
|299||4||"Last Supper"||Frank Waldeck||Treena Hancock & Melissa R. Byer||October 16, 2013||9.45|
|The hit cooking show, Elite Chef, takes on a grim new turn when a losing contestant is murdered and cooked into a tasting challenge.|
|300||5||"Frame by Frame"||Alec Smight||Gavin Harris||October 23, 2013||10.45|
|It is back to the beginning for CSI's 300th episode, when the team investigates a homicide in the home of a reclusive former casino mogul who was a suspect in a similar crime in 2000. The CSI team recalls who they were and where they were in order to solve the cold case.|
|301||6||"Passed Pawns"||Phil Conserva||Teleplay by: Christopher Barbour
Story by: Michael F.X. Daley
|October 30, 2013||9.50|
|The CSI team investigates the death of a homeless man who had a huge winning streak at a small casino.|
|302||7||"Under a Cloud"||Brad Tanenbaum||Elizabeth Devine & Richard Catalani||November 6, 2013||9.08|
|The CSI team investigates a John Doe found during torrential rains in Vegas. Meanwhile, Greg Sanders is investigated and accused of framing a man for murder seven years ago.|
|303||8||"Helpless"||Karen Gaviola||Tom Mularz||November 13, 2013||10.47|
|The discovery of a bludgeoned, bloody corpse inside a "human hamster ball" has the CSIs scratching their heads.|
|304||9||"Check In and Check Out"||Louis Shaw Milito||Andrew Dettmann||November 20, 2013||11.19|
|The CSI team is called in to investigate the stabbing of a couple found in a local hotel room where two other violent murders took place.|
|305||10||"Girls Gone Wild"||Alec Smight||Melissa R. Byer & Treena Hancock||November 27, 2013||10.94|
|A spa weekend for Sara, Finlay, and Morgan turns into a murder investigation and missing persons case when Finlay disappears, as the CSI team must piece together what happened in detail to find her.|
|306||11||"The Lost Reindeer"||Frank Waldeck||Gavin Harris||December 11, 2013||10.18|
|The CSI team are brought in to investigate the death of a man dressed in a Santa costume on the front lawn of an suburban house.|
|307||12||"Keep Calm and Carry On"||Brad Tanenbaum||Thomas Hoppe||January 15, 2014||10.30|
|A petty crime aboard an inbound plane to Vegas becomes a murder investigation when one of the passengers is found dead at the end of an airport runway.|
|308||13||"Boston Brakes"||Eagle Egilsson||Christopher Barbour||January 22, 2014||9.47|
|The CSIs are called to investigate a car crash and are shocked to discover the victim is someone they know.|
|309||14||"De Los Muertos"||Louis Shaw Milito||Teleplay by: Tom Mularz
Story by: Richard Catalani
|February 5, 2014||11.16|
|The CSI team are brought in to investigate two separate murders, one involving a woman found murdered in Mexico and another of a local couple found dead in their driveway.|
|310||15||"Love for Sale"||Frank Waldeck||Andrew Dettmann||February 19, 2014||9.77|
|Nick and Greg investigate the death of a 16-year-old girl with ties to a brothel.|
|311||16||"Killer Moves"||Alec Smight||Mary Leah Sutton||March 5, 2014||9.29|
|The CSIs investigate the murder of an Elvis impersonator and a bird that have a bizarre connection.|
|312||17||"Long Road Home"||Phil Conserva||Gavin Harris||March 12, 2014||10.15|
|The CSIs investigate the murder of a rock and roll groupie and the disappearance of a prostitute that both have ties to a mysterious band.|
|313||18||"Uninvited"||Brad Tanenbaum||Teleplay by: Elizabeth Devine
Story by: Treena Hancock & Melissa R. Byer
|March 19, 2014||10.20|
|The CSIs are called to investigate when an entire family is reported to have been missing for a month.|
|314||19||"The Fallen"||Louis Shaw Milito||Deanna Shumaker||April 2, 2014||9.77|
|D.B. Russell is taken hostage after a teenager opens fire in a police station.|
|315||20||"Consumed"||Karen Gaviola||Tom Mularz||April 9, 2014||9.11|
|The CSIs track a cannibalistic killer and discover he's not alone.|
|316||21||"Kitty"||Eagle Egilsson||Ann Donahue & Carol Mendelsohn & Anthony E. Zuiker||April 30, 2014||9.95|
|The CSIs investigate the cyber-related murder of a prominent casino owner’s wife and receive help from the FBI’s Cyber Crime Division.|
|317||22||"Dead in His Tracks"||Alec Smight||Andrew Dettmann||May 7, 2014||10.01|
|The CSIs investigate a present-day crime with ties to a mob heist that occurred 25 years ago. Meanwhile, Brass has a decision to make when his daughter attempts suicide.|
U.S. Nielsen ratings
|1||The Devil and D.B. Russell (Part 2)||September 25, 2013||2.0/6||9.12||N/A|
|2||Take the Money and Run||October 2, 2013||2.1/6||9.66||#24|
|3||Torch Song||October 9, 2013||1.9/5||8.82||#25|
|4||Last Supper||October 16, 2013||2.0/6||9.45||#20|
|5||Frame By Frame||October 23, 2013||2.1/6||10.45||#21|
|6||Passed Pawns||October 30, 2013||1.7/5||9.50||N/A|
|7||Under a Cloud||November 6, 2013||1.8/5||9.08||N/A|
|8||Helpless||November 13, 2013||1.9/6||10.47||N/A|
|9||Check in and Check Out||November 20, 2013||2.1/6||11.19||N/A|
|10||Girls Gone Wild||November 27, 2013||2.0/6||10.94||N/A|
|11||Lost Reindeer||December 11, 2013||1.8/5||10.18||N/A|
|12||Keep Calm and Carry On||January 15, 2014||1.6/4||10.30||N/A|
|13||Boston Brakes||January 22, 2014||1.6/4||9.47||N/A|
|14||De Los Muertos||February 5, 2014||2.0/6||11.16||N/A|
|15||Love For Sale||February 19, 2014||2.0/6||9.77||N/A|
|16||Killer Moves||March 5, 2014||1.7/5||9.29||N/A|
|17||Long Road Home||March 12, 2014||2.0/6||10.15||N/A|
|18||Uninvited||March 19, 2014||2.0/6||10.20||N/A|
|19||The Fallen||April 2, 2014||1.8/5||9.77||N/A|
|20||Consumed||April 9, 2014||1.7/5||9.11||N/A|
|21||Kitty||April 30, 2014||1.7/5||9.95||N/A|
|22||Dead In His Tracks||May 7, 2014||1.9/6||10.01||N/A|
- Blas, Lorena (August 20, 2013). "Marg Helgenberger return for the 300th episode". USA Today.
- "When Is George Eads Returning to CSI?". TV Guide. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley. "Patricia Arquette to Star in CBS' 'CSI' Spinoff". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Rice, Lynette (February 18, 2014). "CBS developing another CSI spinoff". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "CBS Picks Up 'CSI: Cyber". CSI Files. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- "cbs-renews-the-good-wife-the-millers-two-and-a-half-men-hawaii-five-0-and-13-more". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 13, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 26, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'The Middle', 'Modern Family' and 'Survivor' Adjusted Up; 'Nashville' & 'CSI' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (October 3, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Revolution', 'Survivor', 'The Middle', & 'Back In The Game' Adjusted Up; 'Ironside' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Survivor', 'Back in the Game', 'Modern Family' and 'The Tomorrow People' Adjusted Up; 'Nashville' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Modern Family', 'Law & Order:SVU', 'Survivor', 'Toy Story of TERROR!' & 'Back In The Game' Adjusted Up; 'Nashville' & 'Ironside' Adjusted Down". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2013-08-27. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Survivor', 'The Middle', 'Modern Family' & 'The Tomorrow People' Adjusted Up; 'Super Fun Night' Adjusted Down + Final World Series Numbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2013-10-24. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Arrow' & 'The Middle' Adjusted Up; 'Super Fun Night' & 'CSI' Adjusted Down & Final World Series Numbers - Ratings". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2013-10-31. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'CSI' Adjusted Up; 'Criminal Minds' Adjusted Down + No Adjustment for 'The CMA Awards' - Ratings". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2013-11-07. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Revolution', 'Arrow', 'The Middle' & 'Survivor" Adjusted Up; 'Super Fun Night' Adjusted Down - Ratings". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2013-11-14. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'The X Factor', 'Modern Family', 'Arrow', 'Survivor' & 'The Middle' Adjusted Up; 'Super Fun Night' Adjusted Down - Ratings". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2013-08-27. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Wednesday Final Ratings: No Adjustment for 'The X Factor', 'Survivor' or 'CSI'". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2013-11-28. Retrieved 2013-11-28.
- "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'The Middle' Adjusted Up". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2013-12-12. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 16, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol' Adjusted Up; 'Law and Order: SVU', 'The Tomorrow People' & 'Super Fun Night' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (January 23, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Arrow' & 'The Middle' Adjusted Up; 'Modern Family' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (February 6, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Super Fun NIght' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (February 20, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Criminal Minds' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 6, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Modern Family', 'Mixology' & 'Nashville' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 13, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'The Middle', 'Suburgatory' & 'Modern Family' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 13, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 20, 2014). "TV Ratings Wednesday: 'The 100' Premieres Strong, 'Survivor' Beats 'American Idol', 'Revolution', 'Chicago P.D.' & 'Mixology' Hit Lows". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 3, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Survivor', 'The Middle', 'Suburgatory', 'Modern Family' & 'Criminal Minds' Adjusted Up; 'CSI' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 3, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 10, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Law and Order: SVU' & 'Mixology' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'The 100'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (May 1, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Survivor', 'American Idol' & 'Suburgatory' Adjusted Up; 'Revolution' & 'CSI' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 8, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'The Middle', 'Arrow', 'American Idol', 'Modern Family', 'Law & Order: SVU' & 'Suburgatory' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 8, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'NFL on CBS' Tops Week 2 With Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (October 15, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Sunday Night Football' Tops Week 3 With Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 20, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 22, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Sunday Night Football' Tops Week 4 With Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 27, 2013). "Updated Live+7 DVR Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory' Tops Adults 18-49 Ratings Increase, 'Elementary' Earns Biggest Percentage Gain,'The Blacklist' Grows Most in Total Viewers in Week 3". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 27, 2013.
- General references
- "Shows A-Z - csi on cbs". the Futon Critic. Retrieved April 8, 2012.