CSI College of Engineering
Mechanical Department block
|Principal||Dr.John Oral Bhaskar|
|Location||Ketti, coonoor, Nilgiris District, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Affiliations||Anna University, Chennai|
CSI College of Engineering (CSICE), Nilgiris is a self-financing engineering college situated in the Ketti Valley of Tamil Nadu, India. It was established in 1998. It is a self-financing institution, offering degree level courses in different disciplines of Engineering Sciences. This college was founded by the Church of South India, Coimbatore Diocesan Council.
- In 2005, a ten-day NSS camp was situated in Nedugalcombai, an Irumba tribal village. The campus involved sanitising, building facilities and structures and conducting cultural engagement events and activities for the tribals.
- The Youth Red Cross wing of the Institution organised a blood donation camp in August 2004, enlisting the aid of the Coimbatore-based K. G. Hospital. Over 200 students and 25 members of the faculty participated.
- Former President of INDIA Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam Addressed and interacted with the Students of CSI College of Engineering Ketty, Nilgiris - Ooty,on Feb 21 2012. He quoted "I was reading about the college and was happy to know the mission of the college is to equip the students with Technical Knowledge, skill and ability" He also told "Leader must be able to travel into an unexplored path" 
- India’s first astronaut Wing Commander Rakesh Sharma participated in a function organised by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering to inaugurate its students association Auritz.
- The Chairman, ISRO, G. Madhavan Nair, at a space science exhibition organised by CSI College of Engineering at Ketti near Udhagamandalam. he said that from manufacturing pencil rockets in the late 60s the country had come a long way. Pointing out that in space technology, India was self-reliant, he said that since it was well-proven, satellites were being manufactured on a commercial basis for European countries
- Former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission, M.R. Srinivasan, distributing degree certificates at the CSI College of Engineering in Ketti. With elaborate arrangements having been made for the 10th Graduation Day ceremony, the chief guest M.R. Srinivasan, former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission said that there is no end to learning.
- Christmas Function celebrated during Dec 2013
- The Mechanical Engineering Students association invited Dr.Tessy Thomas, Director Agni Missile, India as the Chief Guest for inaugurating their simposium
- All India NCC Girls Nilgiris Trek 2014 hoisted by CSI College of Engineering
- The Hindu : Life Coimbatore : Know Your Brethren
- CSI Coimbatore Diocesesan, Council. "CSICDC". http://www.csicdc.org/. External link in
- Kalvi Malar, Dinamalar. "News Paper".
- The Hindu - Espousing a Noble Cause
- Dr. Abdul, Kalam. "Dr.A.PJ Abdul Kalam Visit to CSI College Campus".
- THE, HINDU (August 29, 2009). "India’s first astronaut Wing Commander Rakesh Sharma Visits CSICE". The Hindu. The Hindu.
- The, Hindu (February 28, 2008). "The Chairman, ISRO, G. Madhavan Nair, at a space science exhibition organised by CSI College of Engineering" (Tamil Nadu).
- The, Hindu (May 27, 2012). "Former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission, M.R. Srinivasan, distributing degree certificates".
- you, tube. "Christmas Function 2013".
- Inge, nium. "Dr. Tessy Thomas".
- Hindu, The (May 11, 2014). "The Hindu". The Hindu. The Hindu.
|This article about a university or college in Tamil Nadu, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|