Companhia de Telecomunicações de Macau

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from CTM (Macau))
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Companhia de Telecomunicações de Macau
subsidiary
IndustryTelecommunications
Mobile Communications
Founded20 October 1981
HeadquartersMacau, China
Area served
Macau
Key people
Vandy Poon, CEO
ProductsComprehensive telecom service
OwnerCITIC Telecom International
Websitewww.ctm.net

Companhia de Telecomunicações de Macau S.A.R.L. (Chinese: 澳門電訊有限公司) known as CTM is a telecommunications company in Macau, which obtained a monopoly franchise license from the government except for mobile telephone services.


History[edit]

Prior to 1981, residents in Macau had to wait many months simply to have a telephone connected. To make a telephone call to Hong Kong was a lengthy procedure which had to be placed through an operator.

On 29 September 1981, an agreement was reached between the then Portuguese Macau government and the British telecommunications company Cable & Wireless plc to set up the new company Companhia de Telecomunicações de Macau S.A.R.L.. Shareholders included Portuguese Marconi Company (later acquired by Portugal Telecom group), CITIC Pacific (later transferred to subsidiary CITIC Telecom International in 2010) and the Macao Post.[1]

In June 2013, CITIC Telecom International’s transaction in acquiring the entire shareholding in CTM of both Cable and Wireless Communications and Portugal Telecom was officially approved by the Macau SAR Government. CITIC Telecom International became the controlling shareholder of CTM (99%) with the Macao Postal Savings as the remaining shareholder(1%).


See also[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ "About CTM". Companhia de Telecomunicações de Macau. Retrieved 2013-11-30.