CUNY School of Professional Studies
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Dean||Jorge Silva Puras (interim)|
119 W. 31st Street,
In 2003, the Board of Trustees of the City University of New York created the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) with the purpose of meeting the educational needs of working adults, organizations, and employers.
CUNY SPS became CUNY’s first and leading campus to offer fully online degree programs at both the bachelor's and master's level, with consistent top national ranks as published by the U.S. News & World Report.
In 2013, CUNY SPS opened its principal campus in midtown Manhattan.
As of 2021 CUNY SPS has an enrollment of over 4,200 students in 13 Bachelor's and 11 Master's programs, and over 53,000 participants in 31 workforce development programs.
CUNY School of Professional Studies programs
The following list contains the names of the CUNY School of Professional Studies programs that have been registered with the New York State Education Department (NYSED) under the CUNY Graduate School and University Center and assigned HEGIS code numbers in compliance with State requirements.
- Online bachelor's degrees in business, communication and media, disability studies, health information management, nursing, sociology, psychology, and more.
- In-person bachelor's degree in urban and community studies
- Master's degrees in applied theater, labor studies, disability studies, urban studies, youth studies and fully online master's degrees in data analytics, business management, disability services in higher education, and psychology and more.
- Credit courses in a variety of areas, including project management, immigration law, and healthcare administration
- Customized training programs for government agencies, unions, and nonprofit organizations
CUNY SPS has over 6,000 alumni who work principally in the healthcare and business sectors. While the majority of its alumni reside in the United States, the school has vast alumni representation in the Czech Republic, Kenya, India, Serbia, and Slovakia.