Cabbage Patch (dance)
Several songs about the dance have been released:
- Rare Item & the Bud Buddies - "The Cabbage Patch Dance" (1983)
- Delmar Donnell - "In the Cabbage Patch" (1984)
- Experience Unlimited - "Doing the Cabbage Patch" (1986)
- XII - "Cabbage Patch" (1986)
- R.P. Cola - "The Cabbage Patch Dance" (1987)
- Gucci Crew II - "The Cabbage Patch" (1987)
- World Class Wreckin' Cru - "Cabbage Patch" (1987)
The dance became very popular, showing up in many dance clubs in America. The dance's name is derived from the Cabbage Patch Kids dolls or the use of "cabbage" as slang for paper money. There are many online videos demonstrating how to do the dance. The dance was originally celebratory and often associated with being super cool and rad.
- Tom L. Nelson (January 2009). One Thousand Novelty and Fad Dances. AuthorHouse. pp. 98–. ISBN 978-1-4389-2638-4.
- Cheryl Ladd; Bob Hellman (5 April 2006). Token Chick: A Woman's Guide to Golfing with the Boys. Miamax. pp. 38–. ISBN 978-1-4013-5997-3.
- Vibe Media Group (December 2004). Vibe. Vibe Media Group. pp. 224–.
- Peter Shapiro (January 2005). The Rough Guide to Hip-hop. Rough Guides. pp. 1987–. ISBN 978-1-84353-263-7.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-09-25. Retrieved 2015-09-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "How to Do the Cabbage Patch Hip-Hop Dance | Howcast - The best how-to videos on the web". Howcast. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- Huntington, Carla Stalling (207). Hip Hop Dance: Meanings and Messages, p.43-4. McFarland. ISBN 978-0-7864-2991-2.
|This dance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|