Cabbage stew is a stew prepared using cabbage as a primary ingredient. Basic preparations of the dish use cabbage, various vegetables such as onion, carrot and celery, and vegetable stock. Additional ingredients can include meats such as pork, sausage and beef, potatoes, noodles, diced apples, apple juice, chicken broth, herbs and spices, salt and pepper.
Bigos is a dish in Polish cuisine of finely chopped meat of various kinds stewed with sauerkraut and shredded fresh cabbage. The dish is also traditional for Belarusian, Ukrainian and Lithuanian cuisine.
Kapusta kiszona duszona is a Polish dish consisting of sauerkraut or cabbage, bacon, mushroom and onion or garlic.
Potée is a term in French cuisine that refers to foods prepared in an earthenware pot. More specifically, it refers to a soup or stew made of pork and vegetables, most frequently, cabbage and potatoes of which choucroute is the most characteristic.
- Cabbage soup
- Kaalilaatikko – a casserole in Finnish cuisine prepared using cabbage and other ingredients
- List of cabbage dishes
- List of stews
- Wright, L. (2017). The First Mess Cookbook: Vibrant Plant-Based Recipes to Eat Well Through the Seasons. Penguin Publishing Group. p. pt134. ISBN 978-0-698-40987-3. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Wright, C. (2012). The Best Stews in the World: 300 Satisfying One-Dish Dinners, from Chilis and Gumbos to Curries and Cassoulet. Harvard Common Press. p. 166. ISBN 978-1-55832-747-4. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes. Better Homes & Gardens Cooking. Wiley. 2002. p. 112. ISBN 978-0-696-21546-9. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Lo, K.H.C. (1976). Chinese cooking on next to nothing. Pantheon Books. p. 85. ISBN 978-0-394-73231-2. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- "Beef and Cabbage Stew". Batali, Mario. The Chew.
- Szymanderska (2010), p. 517.
- Pokhlebkin (2004), p. 113.
- M. Sabri Koz (2002). Yemek kitabı: tarih, halkbilimi, edebiyat. Kitabevi. ISBN 978-975-7321-74-3.
- Anastasia M. Ashman (1 February 2006). Tales from the Expat Harem: Foreign Women in Modern Turkey. Seal Press. pp. 191–. ISBN 1-58005-330-0.
- Larousse Gastronomique (1961), Crown Publishers
(Translated from the French, Librairie Larousse, Paris (1938))
- Ojakangas, B.; Cushner, S. (2011). The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever. Chronicle Books LLC. p. 211. ISBN 978-1-4521-1035-6. Retrieved March 11, 2017.