Cabela's Big Game Hunter (2007 video game)
|Cabela's Big Game Hunter|
|Developer(s)||Sand Grain Studios (PS2) 
FUN Labs (Xbox 360) 
Magic Wand Productions (Wii) 
|Release date(s)||PlayStation 2, Xbox 360 
Cabela's Big Game Hunter is a video game for the PlayStation 2, Wii and Xbox 360 consoles. Published by Activision, it features the hunting areas of Montana's Beartooth Mountains, British Columbia in western Canada, Argentina's Patagonia region, a savannah in Ethiopia, as well as parts of Zambia. Some game animals in the game include grizzly bear, elk, mule deer, hare, grey fox, water buffalo, blue quail, partridge, and big horn sheep.
Many times you can play mini games, which include wing shooting pheasant, mallards, etc. opportunities, shooting/evading a mad grizzly bear, shooting a trophy big horn, or finding a cougar (Winter Patagonia).
You begin your hunting journey in Beartooth Mountains in Montana where you must find hunting guide Ben Adams. After you find Ben, you are instructed to take down one mule deer from a tree stand. Then you must find a guide by the river who will take you across if you shoot two Rocky Mountain elk. After you have take down the elk, your guide takes you across the river where you have the option to shoot five mallard ducks. Later you must climb a rock in order to pass a tree but a grizzly bear scares you and you fall off the rock. Then you take down a trophy mule deer and must cross a fallen log to get to it. After you reach the mule deer, a grizzly attacks. After you take down the grizzly you head to British Columbia where you are instructed to find hunting guide Dubby McGeath who puts your hunting skills to the test by taking down two Dall sheep. Then you must find Dubby's brother Chester by navigating a cliff. After finding Chester, you are instructed to take down three Yukon moose and you also have the option to shoot 10 Canadian geese. After you complete your task you return to Chester who then gives you info about a large Yukon moose lurking near by. After taking down the moose you return to Montana where you must take down three mule deer. Then you must head to the Upper Fields where you must shoot five pheasants. Then you go to Drake Dickey and he tells you to hunt one bighorn sheep.
Trophy legends include mule deer, moose, elk, water buffalo, kudu, chital, hartebeest, red stag, fallow deer and waterbuck.
- Mule deer (Montana)
- Whitetail deer (British Columbia)
- Fallow deer (New Zealand)
- Axis deer (Argentina)
- Red stag (New Zealand, Argentina)
- Elk (Montana)
- Moose (British Columbia)
- Caribou (British Columbia)
- Chamois (New Zealand)
- Sable antelope (Zambia)
- Blackbuck (Argentina)
- Waterbuck (Zambia)
- Cape buffalo (Zambia)
- Water buffalo (Argentina)
- Hartebeest (Ethiopia)
- Dik dik (Ethiopia) small game
- Klipspringer (Ethiopia) small game
- Mountain nyala (Ethiopia)
- Greater kudu (Ethiopia)
- Hare (Montana, British Columbia, Montana, New Zealand, Ethiopia, Zambia) small game
- Red fox (Montana, Argentina, New Zealand, Ethiopia, Zambia) small game
- Grey fox (Montana, Argentina, New Zealand) small game
- Hoary marmot (Montana) small game
- Vizcacha (Argentina) small game
- Weasel (New Zealand) small game
- Jackal (Zambia) small game
- Coyote (British Columbia) small game
- Lynx (Montana) small game
- Wild boar (New Zealand) rival hunt in New Zealand
- Grizzly bear (Montana) rival hunt in Montana
- African leopard (Ethiopia) rival hunt in Ethiopia
- African lion (Zambia) rival hunt in Zambia
- Mountain lion (cougar) (Argentina) rival hunt in Argentina
- Pheasant (Montana) bird
- Canada goose (British Columbia) bird
- Blue grouse (British Columbia or Montana) bird
- Egyptian goose (Zambia) bird
- Spur-winged goose (Ethiopia) bird
- African blue quail (Ethiopia, Zambia) bird
- Mallard duck (Montana) bird
- Partridge (Argentina) bird
- chukar (New Zealand) bird
- Paradise duck (New Zealand) bird
- Speckled teal (Argentina) bird
- Yellow-throated sandgrouse (Zambia) (bird)
- Stone sheep (British Columbia)
- Gerenuk (Zambia)
- Dall sheep (British Columbia)
- The chamois, blackbuck, water buffalo, vizcacha, jackal, blue grouse, chukar, African blue quail, paradise duck, speckled teal, gerenuk, and yellow-throated sandgrouse are the first animals to appear in games made by Cabela's.
- The PS3 and PSP versions were thought to show other animals and locations like Tanzania (Thomson's gazelle, impala, baboon (small game), rock dove, African elephant (rival hunt)), East Texas (whitetail deer, bobcat (small game), red fox, eastern turkey, American alligator (rival hunt)), South Africa (springbok, wildebeest, warthog (small game), turtle dove, southern white rhino (rival hunt)), Colorado (pronghorn, mule deer, whitetail deer, mountain goat, moose, bison, coyote, mallard duck, black bear (rival hunt)), and Australia (red kangaroo, axis deer, fallow deer, water buffalo, red fox, European hare, mallard duck, grey teal, dingo (rival hunt), saltwater crocodile (second rival hunt)), but these two versions were cancelled.
- This is one of the games in Big Game Hunter where water buffalo, lynx, coyote, Yukon moose, and Cape buffalo will not attack.
- In Ethiopia, the other hunter refers to "mountain nyala, but they are just nyala. Mountain nyala are endangered, but people still hunt them.
- Some of the animals in the game will make more appearances when Cabela's games are updated.