Cabin Fever: Patient Zero
|Cabin Fever: Patient Zero|
|Directed by||Kaare Andrews|
|Written by||Jake Wade Wall|
|Music by||Kevin Riepl|
|Edited by||Michael P. Mason|
|Distributed by||Image Entertainment|
Cabin Fever: Patient Zero is a 2014 American horror film directed by Kaare Andrews and written by Jake Wade Wall. Starring Ryan Donowho, Brando Eaton, Jillian Murray, Mitch Ryan, Lydia Hearst and Sean Astin, the film is the third installment in the Cabin Fever franchise and acts as a prequel to the previous two films.
The story centers about the initial outbreak of the virus. On a remote island, a prisoner named Porter (an asymptomatic carrier of the virus) is being held in a lab by scientists trying to create a vaccine. In an attempt to free himself, Porter forces a lockdown of the station and spreads the virus outside of the lab by infecting a mouse.
When four friends on a bachelor party boat ride land on the island, two of them are infected by swimming in the contaminated water. Searching for help, they make their way to the science lab but find everyone inside infected or dead. The remaining survivors, Marcus and Camila leave the island with Porter. Tricking them into drinking contaminated water and destroying the boat engine, following with an unknown ending. Porter is the only person to leave the island in the end.
- Mitch Ryan as Marcus
- Ryan Donowho as Dobs
- Brando Eaton as Josh
- Jillian Murray as Penny
- Currie Graham as Dr. Edwards
- Lydia Hearst as Bridgitt
- Sean Astin as Porter
- Solly Duran as Camila
- Claudette Lali as Kate
- Juan 'Papo' Bancalari as Mr. Arias
- Marie Michelle Bazile as Elderly woman / Witch
- Roberto Linval as Jorge
Cabin Fever: Patient Zero received mostly negative reviews from critics. Review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a 25% rating based on 20 reviews. On Metacritic, the film has a 28 out of 100 rating based on 11 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
Sequel and remake
A fourth entry in the series, titled Cabin Fever: Outbreak, was planned to be filmed back-to-back with Patient Zero, but was scrapped. The remake of Cabin Fever was released in February 2016. Eli Roth, the writer and director of the original film, produced the remake.
Cabin Fever: Patient Zero Original Motion Picture Soundtrack was released on July 22, 2014 under the record label Sumthing Else Music Works. The music was composed by Kevin Riepl, who has previously worked with Kaare Andrews on The ABCs of Death.
- Kit, Borys (September 12, 2012). "Lydia Hearst Joins Horror Prequel 'Cabin Fever: Patient Zero' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- "Cabin Fever 3: Patient Zero". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- "Cabin Fever: Patient Zero". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- Miska, Brad (April 18, 2014). "Remake Infection Spreads In 'Cabin Fever' (Exclusive)". Bloody Disgusting.
- admin (July 2014). "Kevin Riepl's original score to horror/thriller film prequel available digitally on July 22". Sumthing Else Music Works. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- Ciafardini, Mark (22 July 2014). "Interview…Composer Kevin Riepl on Scoring 'Cabin Fever: Patient Zero'". Goose Talk. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- Dyar, Amanda (July 2014). "Exclusive Interview: Kevin Riepl Discusses Cabin Fever: Patient Zero". BCC After Dark. Archived from the original on October 14, 2014. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- Jeremy (June 2014). "Interview with Composer... Kevin Riepl". Howlin' Wolf. Retrieved 18 October 2014.