Cabo Frio International Airport
|Cabo Frio International Airport
Aeroporto Internacional de Cabo Frio
|IATA: CFB – ICAO: SBCB|
|Elevation AMSL||7 m / 23 ft|
The airport is owned by the municipality of Cabo Frio and operated by Libra Aeroportos.
In September 2007 the first enlargement was completed, including a new terminal and enlargements of the runway and apron.
In June 2010 the second phase of enlargement works was inaugurated, including access roads, enlargement of the cargo terminal, apron, new administration offices and a dedicated terminal for Petrobras to operate flights to its offshore oil platforms of the Campos basin.
Since October 3, 2011 the airport is administrated by the private company Libra Aeroportos, as a concession from the Municipality of Cabo Frio.
Airlines and destinations
|Azul Brazilian Airlines||Belo Horizonte-Confins|
|LATAM Cargo Brasil||Amsterdam, Campinas, Miami|
The airport is located 8 km (5 mi) from downtown Cabo Frio.
- "Aeroporto Internacional de Cabo Frio" (in Portuguese). Libra. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "Lula inaugura amplicação do aeroporto de Cabo Frio nesta tarde" (in Portuguese). O Dia Online. 28 September 2007. Retrieved 2 June 2010.
- "Começam obras de ampliação do aeroporto de Cabo Frio" (in Portuguese). Panrotas. 2 June 2010. Retrieved 2 June 2010.
- "Libra adquire controle de Aeroporto Internacional de Cabo Frio" (in Portuguese). Valor Econômico. 3 October 2011. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Airport information for SBCB at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBCB at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for SBCB at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for CFB at Aviation Safety Network
- Cabo Frio International Airport Photo Archive at airliners.net