Cabramatta railway station
Northbound view in April 2008 before the Southern Sydney Freight Line was added to the right
|Location||Railway Parade, Cabramatta|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||28.43 kilometres from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Passengers (2013)||8,060 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Cabramatta railway station is located on the Main South line, serving the Sydney suburb of Cabramatta. It is served by Sydney Trains T2 Inner West & Leppington, T3 Bankstown and T5 Cumberland line services.
Cabramatta station opened in 1870 on the Granville to Liverpool section of the Main South line. On 8 October 1924, Cabramatta line became a junction station when another branch of the Main South line opened from Sefton, joining the existing line just north of the station.
In April 1996, the junction was upgraded from a low speed one with an 80 km/h speed limit. To make the higher speeds possible, the track centres have been widened from 4 metres at the platforms to about 12 metres at the diamond crossing at the heart of the junction. Longer points were installed.
As part of the Southern Sydney Freight Line project, a third line was built behind the eastern side of the station. Due to limited space, an overhead concourse was constructed to replace a building on platform 2. The new concourse opened in 2011, the line in December 2013.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Granville|
|services to Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|
|services to Schofields & Richmond|
|2||services to Leppington|
|services to Liverpool|
|services to Leppington|
Transdev NSW operates one route to and from Cabramatta station:
Transit Systems Sydney operate five routes to and from Cabramatta station:
- 805: to Liverpool station
- 807: to Cecil Park
- 815: to Mount Pritchard
- 816: to Greenfield Park
- 817: to Fairfield station
Cabramatta station is served by one NightRide route:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Cabramatta Station NSWrail.net
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest May 1996 page 41
- Cabramatta Station Upgrade Gartner Rose
- We wanted to make sure we got it right': new rail line opens ... three years late Sydney Morning Herald 21 January 2013
- New Line to Reduce Congestion on Sydney Rail Network Opens Archived 18 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Australian Rail Track Corporation 21 January 2013
- "Transdev NSW route S1". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 805". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 807". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 815". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 816". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 817". Transport for NSW.
- "N50 Nightride". Transport for NSW.