Cabramatta railway station
Northbound view in April 2008 before the Southern Sydney Freight Line was added to the right
|Location||Railway Parade, Cabramatta|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||28.43 kilometres from Central|
Cabramatta station opened in 1870 on the Granville to Liverpool section of the Main South line. On 8 October 1924, Cabramatta line became a junction station when another branch of the Main South line opened from Sefton, joining the existing line just north of the station.
In April 1996, the junction was upgraded from a low speed one with an 80 km/h speed limit. To make the higher speeds possible, the track centres have been widened from 4 metres at the platforms to about 12 metres at the diamond crossing at the heart of the junction. Longer points were installed.
As part of the Southern Sydney Freight Line project, a third line was built behind the eastern side of the station. Due to limited space, an overhead concourse was constructed to replace a building on platform 2. The new concourse opened in 2011, the line in December 2013.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Granville
services to Central & the City Circle via Regents Park
2 services on weekdays
|services to Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|||
|services to Blacktown & Schofields|||
|2||services to Leppington & Campbelltown|||
|services to Liverpool|||
|services to Liverpool & Campbelltown|||
Transdev NSW operates one route to and from Cabramatta station:
Transit Systems Sydney operate five routes to and from Cabramatta station:
- 805: to Liverpool station
- 807: to Cecil Park
- 815: to Mount Pritchard
- 816: to Greenfield Park
- 817: to Fairfield station
- Cabramatta Station NSWrail.net
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest May 1996 page 41
- Cabramatta Station Upgrade Gartner Rose
- We wanted to make sure we got it right': new rail line opens ... three years late Sydney Morning Herald 21 January 2013
- New Line to Reduce Congestion on Sydney Rail Network Opens Australian Rail Track Corporation 21 January 2013
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "T5: Cumberland line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 904 and S1 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Route 805 timetable" (PDF). Transit Systems, Sydney. 20 October 2013.
- "Route 807 timetable" (PDF). Transit Systems, Sydney. 22 September 2014.
- "Routes 815 and 816 timetable" (PDF). Transit Systems, Sydney. 16 January 2014.
- "Route 817 timetable" (PDF). Transit Systems, Sydney. 28 April 2014.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW