Cabramatta railway station
|Location||Railway Parade, Cabramatta|
|Coordinates||33°53′42″S 150°56′20″E / 33.8949°S 150.9388°ECoordinates: 33°53′42″S 150°56′20″E / 33.8949°S 150.9388°E|
|Elevation||20 metres (66 ft)|
|Owned by||Transport Asset Holding Entity|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||28.43 km (17.666 mi) from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|2018||18,070 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Cabramatta railway station is located on the Main South line, serving the Sydney suburb of Cabramatta. It is served by Sydney Trains T2 Inner West & Leppington, T3 Bankstown and T5 Cumberland line services.
Cabramatta station opened in 1870 on the Granville to Liverpool section of the Main South line. On 8 October 1924, Cabramatta line became a junction station when another branch of the Main South line opened from Sefton, joining the existing line just north of the station.
In April 1996, the junction was upgraded from a low speed one with an 80 km/h (49.7 mph) speed limit. To make the higher speeds possible, the track centres have been widened from 4 m (13.12 ft) at the platforms to about 12 m (39.37 ft) at the diamond crossing at the heart of the junction. Longer points were installed.
As part of the Southern Sydney Freight Line project, a third line was built behind the eastern side of the station. Due to limited space, an overhead concourse was constructed to replace a building on platform 2. The new concourse opened in 2011, the line in December 2013.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Granville|
|services to Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|
|services to Blacktown, Schofields and Richmond|
|2||services to Leppington|
|services to Liverpool|
|services to Leppington|
weekend services to Liverpool
Transdev NSW operates one route to and from Cabramatta station:
Transit Systems operate five routes to and from Cabramatta station:
- 805: to Liverpool station
- 807: to Cecil Park
- 815: to Mount Pritchard
- 816: to Greenfield Park
- 817: to Fairfield station
Cabramatta station is served by one NightRide route:
- ^ Transport Performance and Analytics (21 December 2018). "Train Station Entries and Exits 2016 to 2018". Train Station Entries and Exits Data. Open Data: Government of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- ^ Cabramatta Station NSWrail.net
- ^ "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest May 1996 page 41
- ^ Cabramatta Station Upgrade Archived 18 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine Gartner Rose
- ^ We wanted to make sure we got it right': new rail line opens ... three years late Sydney Morning Herald 21 January 2013
- ^ New Line to Reduce Congestion on Sydney Rail Network Opens Archived 18 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine Australian Rail Track Corporation 21 January 2013
- ^ "Transdev NSW route S1". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Transit Systems route 805". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Transit Systems route 807". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Transit Systems route 815". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Transit Systems route 816". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Transit Systems route 817". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "N50 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- Media related to Cabramatta railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Cabramatta station details Transport for New South Wales
- Cabramatta Station Public Transport Map Transport for NSW